997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 w/ OEM Porsche Rack & Thule Atlantis 1600XT Cargo Box (BLACK)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
997 w/ OEM Porsche Rack & Thule Atlantis 1600XT Cargo Box (BLACK)

Why you may ask......my response.......because I can!!! Mods complete with Recaro Toddler Seat in rear for my little guy too!!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Khyron is infamous around these parts
How long does it take to put the racks on, and can you do it by yourself without scratching the roof? Thx!!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
First time, they'll take you like 15-20 minutes. Nothing complicated at all, and these are the Porsche OEM racks from Suncoast Parts (BEST PRICE AND SERVICE). I ordered them from Ryan Butor over there. Great guy! There are pads under the rack and they fit on those rail lines. Does not touch the roof at all. The 1600XT box is lightweight, about 30 lbs, so if you're careful you could possibly do this yourself. G/L

Originally Posted by Khyron
How long does it take to put the racks on, and can you do it by yourself without scratching the roof? Thx!!

Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 PM
DocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud of
I like it!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks Doc!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:47 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Nice!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
capnollie is infamous around these parts
LOL!!! Who says a Porsche is not a family car?!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:44 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Awesome! What's the part number?

Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 PM
The rack is OEM Porsche, just go to Suncoast Parts. As for the cargo Box it is the Thule Atlantis 1600XT.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:30 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
I love it!

Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 AM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
F'ing awesome.
Well done! What do you put in it?

Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 AM
I put my son's Bugaboo stroller in it as well as extra luggage. And when I go to the range, I put my rifles and shotguns strapped down of course. They are with me at all times, never leave my sight for safety and precaution.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 AM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
Nice!
We had a bugaboo too when my kids were a tad younger. I love that thing other than taking it apart and putting it together every time I wanted to use it. I bet for your needs it fits up there perfectly though.

I'm tempted to get something similar. It looks bad ***!

Old 11-25-2011, 08:21 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Nice, hope to check it out in person soon

Old 11-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Here's another SIDE SHOT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 w/ OEM Porsche Rack & Thule Atlantis 1600XT Cargo Box (BLACK)