997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

991 Carrera S at the LA Auto Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:24 AM
henrysko is infamous around these partshenrysko is infamous around these parts
Saw them yesterday @ the show.

IMHO, like new dash and console, but thought the butt was too big. Overall, not a fan.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:26 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Like the rear, can't wait to see the cab version.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:19 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Love it I want it.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:30 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Ugh... dang it... the car is starting to grow on me.
The car itself isn't growing on me, but the write-ups from journalists are making a positive impression. It sounds from those articles that the car is good...real good. But good in relation to an R8 or Vantage (more complaint ride) while being wicked fast. But those are someone else's words growing on me. Have to drive it myself to make an impression. And no 991 for me until there's a WB version...and probably not until mid-cycle refresh at the earliest.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:01 AM
muerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to all
I was driving north from Ventura county (north of LA) up to Paso Robles (Central Cal) two weeks ago. On the way through Santa Ynez valley I passed a 911 waiting to pull onto the 2 lane at about 60 mph. Wouldn't have even noticed it except it was in that lime green color that is apparently going to be part of the launch. Anyhow...slowed down and let it catch up. It was a 991. If I remember, it had Georgia plates on it. long way from home.
Overall impression...very nice looking car. Fit and finish looked great. Color was not for me...but people can take their pick. I really didn't notice the extra size. I did notice that annoying little lip on the rear deck. Not sure what they were trying to do there...almost looks like a fitment issue.
Anyhow...I will wait (a while...) and see how owners feel about their cars.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 AM
SilverPDK is infamous around these parts
I love it! That's the color I would choose as well. However, I don't like the huge binged out wheels. It's just a little much and reminds me of hip hop artists cars. It's just not my thing. Will have to look at one in a few years. I love the new year end and spoiler.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Porsche_Smile is infamous around these parts
very nice..... i want one!