997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

what's the fastest you've ever been CAUGHT driving, ad how did it go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:01 PM
p's pcar is infamous around these partsp's pcar is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Good job!

Originally Posted by DallasDave
140+ in a 70

vehicle: Murcie

Had just picked it up (temporary tags) and was running my buddy that was driving my "upgraded" M3. State trooper took a picture with us - no ticket.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:53 PM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
Unfortunately Just hit with an 86 in a 70 a few weeks ago in North Dallas.

Vehicle: M5

V1 and laser jammer, hit me with instant on radar

Attorney will negotiate it down for me.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasDave
Unfortunately Just hit with an 86 in a 70 a few weeks ago in North Dallas.

Vehicle: M5

V1 and laser jammer, hit me with instant on radar

Attorney will negotiate it down for me.
What speed would you estimate traffic as a whole was moving at?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Etahgnimusnoc is infamous around these parts
106 in a 55 about a month ago... Home on leave and the cop asked what I was thinking, I said honestly sir I was in 4th gear just cruising really not thinking. Handed him military ID explained I had only been home for 2 days and the car was new... He said since you work overseas I dont want to FK up your job so he dropped it to 74 in a 55 and gave me no front tag ticket as well... Was around 280 for both tickets... I got lucky...

Also... was in my 996.

Got a "talking too" for apparently "buzzing" a cop. I passed him and apparently my stock exhaust is really loud and its a felony to speed up when passing a cop. Pulled me outta the car to tell me. It was enjoyable time. No speedlimits were broken or anything, guy was just having a bad day it seemed... He came up and was like I am Sheriff something something of somewhere... Oh well hopefully hes in a better mood. haha

Last edited by Etahgnimusnoc; 12-06-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Change
Old 12-07-2011, 12:30 PM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
Runnin'

Every Christmas morning I would take my porsche or whatever corvette I owned on a private run where literally, for years I have seen no cars especially just after dawn. I had raced very car i owned there. Got caught going 147 on the long straight away. Reckless endangerment. 5k fine 60 days suspended license, mandatory driving school. I was 60years old. I have been on the track, track lessons, track events, since then. I love to race, but the track is it
Did I mentioned they cuffed me?. towed the car......CALLED MY WIFE??? Merry Christmas!

I didn;t mind the risk but id did mind being chauffeured . The track is ur friend. recalling this makes me want to go again this year...The track is MY friend
G

Old 12-07-2011, 12:34 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
135mph +.....

135+ in a 65 in Ma on rte 495s.... this is not something I am proud of but you asked. I had a 1989 BMW 535i modded.... I have never had a car with so many problems in my life, it was a POS, but on the highway the car had some legs...

The trooper went off (rightfully so) his head was entirely inside my drivers side window and spit was landing on the side of my face as he was yelling so much and was so close to me.... He had told me he started the chase two exits back.... I guess I rolled by him and he had to pull out from a stop to get me...so took him a bit to make up some ground... guess could be classified as a high speed chase Needless to say he had me clocked, on radar, estimated and what ever else needed as by the time I saw him in my rear view mirror I could not even see his wig-wag lights or blues.... just looked in my rear view and there he was....just the silhouette of his hat told me I was done...as his front end was so close to my rear end I couldn't see his grill....he was not happy....

It was morning time, Sunday, almost no traffic, nice clear weather... I was not weaving through cars. Just a stupid idea to go way to fast....

I got a big ticket, lots of charges, and a court date.... I deserved to have the car towed...and more....I begged for mercy from the courts and accepted the 500$+ speeding ticket and the two point ding... they waived the excessive speed charge and a few others he had on there if I agreed to accept speeding and the fine... could have been a 10 point deduction for me if they crushed me on all items charged...

I learned a valuable lesson that day.... not worth it..

Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 PM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
What speed would you estimate traffic as a whole was moving at?
Not more than 80 in the fast lane, probably 75-78 (typical speeds for Dallas) in adjoining lanes.

I had just punched through a moving bottleneck (approx 75 mph), he got me fair and square from behind sitting on an ingress ramp.

Last edited by DallasDave; 12-07-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Of the people caught at well over 100 mph, seems like some have faced no adverse consequences, some got ticketed for a reduced speed, and some had the book thrown at them. It's a gamble. I'm inclined to keep it under 100 mph in the future, even though these Porsches beckon us to go a lot faster under the right conditions.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mickfluff
135+ in a 65 in Ma on rte 495s.... this is not something I am proud of but you asked. I had a 1989 BMW 535i modded.... I have never had a car with so many problems in my life, it was a POS, but on the highway the car had some legs...

The trooper went off (rightfully so) his head was entirely inside my drivers side window and spit was landing on the side of my face as he was yelling so much and was so close to me.... He had told me he started the chase two exits back.... I guess I rolled by him and he had to pull out from a stop to get me...so took him a bit to make up some ground... guess could be classified as a high speed chase Needless to say he had me clocked, on radar, estimated and what ever else needed as by the time I saw him in my rear view mirror I could not even see his wig-wag lights or blues.... just looked in my rear view and there he was....just the silhouette of his hat told me I was done...as his front end was so close to my rear end I couldn't see his grill....he was not happy....

It was morning time, Sunday, almost no traffic, nice clear weather... I was not weaving through cars. Just a stupid idea to go way to fast....

I got a big ticket, lots of charges, and a court date.... I deserved to have the car towed...and more....I begged for mercy from the courts and accepted the 500$+ speeding ticket and the two point ding... they waived the excessive speed charge and a few others he had on there if I agreed to accept speeding and the fine... could have been a 10 point deduction for me if they crushed me on all items charged...

I learned a valuable lesson that day.... not worth it..
Reminds me of a time I was dating a girl in Boston. I was in CT past Hartford on 84 heading toward the Mass Pike. A guy to a Turbo Supra passed me like I was standing still. I figure he was doing close to 135. Sure enough he gets nicked by the CT troopers right before the Mass state line.

I pass him and get on the Pike heading East. Anyway, about 20 minutes into my ride on the Pike and I look in my rear view mirror. Here comes the Supra again. Flying like before. Passes me like I am towing the Titanic behind me. Sure enough, he gets nabbed again by a Mass statie this time. That has to be some kind of record.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:00 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
if memory serves correctly, around 100 mph in a 65. On Christmas Day in a rented Cadillac and without my V1. $600 fine. (as a Jew I should have argued both profiling AND anti-semitism lol)

Old 12-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
Originally Posted by lacrosse
Reminds me of a time I was dating a girl in Boston. I was in CT past Hartford on 84 heading toward the Mass Pike. A guy to a Turbo Supra passed me like I was standing still. I figure he was doing close to 135. Sure enough he gets nicked by the CT troopers right before the Mass state line.

I pass him and get on the Pike heading East. Anyway, about 20 minutes into my ride on the Pike and I look in my rear view mirror. Here comes the Supra again. Flying like before. Passes me like I am towing the Titanic behind me. Sure enough, he gets nabbed again by a Mass statie this time. That has to be some kind of record.

That's funny!!