997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

what's the fastest you've ever been CAUGHT driving, ad how did it go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 AM
gibbonsc4s has a spectacular aura aboutgibbonsc4s has a spectacular aura about
what's the fastest you've ever been CAUGHT driving, ad how did it go?

In the vein of the recent thread about abusing public roads, how did the abuse catch up to you? I'll start...

About 10 minutes after some spirited driving alongside a sport bike, I was flagged by the OPP at 137kph.

Officer seemed sympathetic and said "must be hard to drive the limit in this car!" then gave me a ticket for 4 points and $298.

Ontario laws are pretty strict - roadside impounding, license suspension and a hefty (up to $10k) fine for driving 50kph over the limit.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 AM
mander is infamous around these parts
75 in a 55 on I-80 many years ago in Nevada. I was actually going much faster when I spotted the tracking plane. Slowed down considerably to bring the average speed clocked to 75. Consequences were fairly minimal - fine (I think $50 or so) paid on the spot and I was on my way.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:12 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
76 in a 45 driving A 2008 Corvette. After frisking me, due to a conceal carry permit, and looking thru various computer records, the policeman muttered "I don't know why I'm doing this" and let me go. Nice day.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
90mph in a 65mph zone in New Mexico, forgot what the fine was, was never reported or at least my insurance company never knew about it.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light

the speed limit's here are 75.... i feel bad for you guys... going with traffic and with the police i regularly hit 90 here without getting pulled over.... they dont take it as well when you pass them when they are going 90 however.....

Old 11-30-2011, 11:48 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
86 in a 65. i think it carried max 2-3 pts and a big fine, but i did my homework and (pre-emptively) took a safe driving class. that and my clean record most likely swayed judge to give me only PBJ. it just rolled off this past may as a matter of fact. in any case, i drive like a sissy now...unless i'm on the track.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:53 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Was in VA on my way to VIR and found some kid in some little crappy pickup. He was flying so I figured I'd hang behind him. In the middle of no where, almost no one around.

He passed a Chevy trailblazer and a moment later I did also. was probably doing 95 or so. the limit was either 55 or 65. I forgot. As soon as I pass the chevy lights come on in the grill.

I know VA has a baaaad reputation when it comes to speeders. I look in my mirror and see a guy get out - jeans, t-shirt, and gun on his hip. probably in his 50's.

He walks up to my door,kind of bends over with a bit of a grin on his face. I can't believe I said this, but I blurted out "I swear, i've been behaving myself for the last 8 hours. Besides, that guy (the kid in the truck) was going even faster than me". He kind of laughed and said, "yeah, i'll have someone get him later". He then says "look, i'm on my way home from work and really don't want to deal with this. You gotta slow down". He then says "where are you going". I say VIR. He kind of throws his hands up in the air and says "come on man, you're on your way to the track!". Very cool guy and he let me go.

I"ve heard VA has some law that it can be a day in jail for every mile over a certain speed?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Me too

Some years ago (actually in 1973) on a German stretch of the AutoBahn that - unfortunately - had a speed limit of 120 km / hr (between Koeln and Franfurt). Polizei told me I was doing 220 km/hr (driving a Detomaso Pantera) after they guided me to a little green Volkswagen Bus parked at the next Gaststaette where they proceeded writing me a love note for some Deutschmarks to be paid right there and then. This was before the time of points -make-prices ! Those were the good times...
Similar situation in Belgium around that time, where a cop car tried to keep up with me and could not. But because they knew me (and my car) they came to "visit" me afterwards and wrote me a BIG ticket. I went to court, told the judge there was NO way the cops could have verified my speed as I was accelerating hard and pulled away from them so fast, they had no chance in hell to even look at their speedometer. The judge dismissed the ticket. Suffices to say... the cops did not like me very much in the small town I lived in. Those were the times!! Yeah!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 01:03 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Someone, who shall remain nameless, when he was 19, had a Nissan NX2000 with a Place Racing cold air intake and a Hotshot header, with some homemade catback. This crazy lawbreaker got a 138 in a 65. Luckily, since it was a completely deserted road at Midnight (well, except for the CHP), he got a VC 22348b, Speeding over 100 - 2 points, $1000 fine, 30 day license suspension.

And, $6000 per year for insurance for the next 5 years...

I'm just glad it wasn't a reckless driving charge, which it certainly could have been.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM
gibbonsc4s has a spectacular aura aboutgibbonsc4s has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by kitw
Someone, who shall remain nameless, when he was 19, had a Nissan NX2000 with a Place Racing cold air intake and a Hotshot header, with some homemade catback. This crazy lawbreaker got a 138 in a 65. Luckily, since it was a completely deserted road at Midnight (well, except for the CHP), he got a VC 22348b, Speeding over 100 - 2 points, $1000 fine, 30 day license suspension.

And, $6000 per year for insurance for the next 5 years...

I'm just glad it wasn't a reckless driving charge, which it certainly could have been.
You wine. :-)

Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
100 in a 55 (I75 in Florida back in 1988 or 89). Ticket cost $232 back then but the aftermath in insurance fees was over $2K. The state trooper just kept asking why we were going so fast . . . Of course, I didn't tell him we were in an unauthorized road rally that we came up with while in high school . . . LOL.

Oh, the car was a white Pontiac 6000 LE V6.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:49 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I have two positive stories actually. I had a Corvette in the late 90s and I was going about 110 and blew by a trooper in NJ. He had his interior lights on and facing the wrong direction. I think he had just pulled over someone else and was still filling out his paperwork. I pulled over and waited for him (probably could have gotten away) and he only gave me a 64 in a 55. Also, this past July 4th weekend I was stopped going 115 in my Porsche. He talked to me for a bit and let me go with a warning only. I was thankful and astonished to say the least. He had a black SUV, so I never noticed him at all.

Last edited by michaeldantep; 11-30-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
i do not have speeding tickets since 2004 i think. hope this will continue.
faqstest i got my car going was 157mph i think, at night on totally empty stretch of highway and it was stupid as our roads are not designed for such speeds.

fastest i was cought was in 2002, when i drove home from work at 3am, was going 130+ in lexus, radar beeped, i dropped right away down to 80, cop did not have my speed, after not very long polite discussion i was given 20+ mph ticket which i took to local missouri agency to convert into parking violation, it was $250 or so.

so about since that time i stopped doing stupid stuff on the road as i do need my driving license pretty much every day.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:07 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
In the mid 1980's on the first nice day of spring I had my sunroof off, windows down and rocking roll blaring in my 924 on a slightly hilly and very open road! I saw my radar detector go off, slammed on my brakes and saw the grill lights of a county brownie light up going the opposite direction as I zoomed by. I had been going 134 in a 55. I immediately pulled over and waited.

He came up and said he was impressed, normally a guy my age in a fast car would try and outrun him. I told him, that I couldnt outrun his radio and he smiled. He then asked me who owns this car and I said I do, but really the bank owns it. He asked me how would I enjoy making payments on a car I couldn't drive. He wrote me up for 70 in a 55 and told me to take it as my lucky day. Those were the days when an officer could use. Little discretion!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
does being blacked flagged count?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what's the fastest you've ever been CAUGHT driving, ad how did it go?