997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Thanks again for explaining that lopro now i see the problem. People were switching there hid bulbs gotcha

Old 01-23-2012, 06:59 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
not a problem. Whatever I can do to help. Ray is a decent guy and any issues he seems to always work them out in a professional manner.

He has been good to me so, I figure I pass on the info. Im just another customer.
Id say best thing to do is email him direct

Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Fernando is infamous around these parts
Ray,
Confirmed.
I need another pair of DRLs + 2 sets of resistors.

Plse send me an email with the total to arrange the payment.
Cheers
Fernando

Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 AM
terryp88 is infamous around these parts
Installed the DRL's and rear tail lights from Rottec in my 2008 C2 this past weekend. Installation was easy and fit and finish are good. DRL's are operating with no error codes so far. Ordering from Ray was easy and he was very responsive when I asked questions. Any suggestions on where I should order a DRL module?

Attached Images   
Old 01-24-2012, 10:54 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Email Frank @ Orange Tuning. He has the Dectane DRL Module.

Originally Posted by terryp88
Any suggestions on where I should order a DRL module?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
terryp88 - great looking DRL's nice car. I like the banners in your garage. Enjoy

Old 01-29-2012, 07:31 PM
HIporsche is infamous around these parts
I was part of the second group buy with Ray from ROTtec. Just completed the installation of the DRL LEDs in about 20 minutes. The instructions for removing the lights were on page 272 in my owners manual. I did not find my plastic card to remove the lights so I used a 2" plastic putty knife. It worked perfectly. Ray sent one resistor and I used it for the right side, after reading previous posts. No codes. This install is very easy, especially after reading this thread. Now I'm contemplating the Dectane module for true DRL function. I use the Porsche battery maintainer routinely and I am concerned about issues about the flashing lights as previously mentioned. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
PM TT2911 and he will give you his solution to this problem.

Originally Posted by HIporsche
I was part of the second group buy with Ray from ROTtec. Just completed the installation of the DRL LEDs in about 20 minutes. The instructions for removing the lights were on page 272 in my owners manual. I did not find my plastic card to remove the lights so I used a 2" plastic putty knife. It worked perfectly. Ray sent one resistor and I used it for the right side, after reading previous posts. No codes. This install is very easy, especially after reading this thread. Now I'm contemplating the Dectane module for true DRL function. I use the Porsche battery maintainer routinely and I am concerned about issues about the flashing lights as previously mentioned. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 AM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by HIporsche
Just use a male/female crimp connector arrangement so it's easy to unplug the positive cable for the DRL module from the battery when you use the maintainer. Or you could get a simple on/off switch from the hardware store and install it inline.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
HIporsche - thats really cool that it worked out for you, the Rottec lights are nice and they really updat the look of the car. congrats.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Yes, learned the hard way with HOEN. Basically: Do not buy no-name HID bulbs. Get Philips Ultinon 6000K if you want quality, no codes, and no issues. There are cheap HID bulbs being sold here with no markings on where they are made and by whom. For all we know these are $40 dollar low quality bulbs being sold to us at a premium price. We all drive expensive cars here, so by brand name parts if you can.

I have Philips now and 0 issues. Love the look and piece of mind.

Originally Posted by chobit
My does that too.. for 2 or 3 times. Since it didn't happen all the time, I thought it was my imaginations.. guess not..!

Old 02-05-2012, 03:44 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Hi guys, is there any easy way to get the lights back out to put the resistors in? The light is in the bumper so tight I cant seem to get it to budge. I am using the plastic card and I can hear the plastic release latch opening to allow the light to come out but they don't seem to move. Any ideas?

Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
It took me thirty minutes with a putty knife and a plastic card protecting the finish to get them back out. I honestly could not find a "secret" to doing it aside from perseverance.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
I used a suction cup that had metal loop ran through the back. It's the snug fit that prevents them from just releasing like the OEM fog light does.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:14 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
The suction cup idea is a good one...where did you buy it? Does the fog light come right out when you pull on it as long as the plastic card is triggering the release? Thanks for your help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's