997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 AM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know if the Dectane front LED's and the RoTec ones are exactly the same design or are there differences?

Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
The fronts are the same but the rears are different

Old 02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lopro
The fronts are the same but the rears are different
Thanks. And do both need separate resistors or does Dectane have them built in now? Also I think the price is the same so it makes sense to buy from Ray for local support?

Old 02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
krerra S is infamous around these parts
Hey Ray, I am still having problems with the fault on my LED's so do I need the module. I've sent a few emails but no reply from you.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Ray can I have another resistor, I only received one and have a front module fault.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
as far as I know the module is for the DRL function

The DRL lights sometimes have had resistor issues not module issues as the module is sold separately

If your having issues with the DRL lights from RAY (showing up on dash-check front right DRL) then its resistor

if your having trouble with the module (say its not working) then it may be wired incorrectly. I presume this was wired in aftermarket being a US car. Canadian cars came standard with this function and didn't need a aftermarket module. (I am sure you know this)

I was not aware that Rottec sold DRL modules. I hear they came from Dectain. In which case you may need to contact them about this module issue. Or maybe you need to contact the installer of the module. I do not know.

-->Maybe it is a resistor issue - What does your error message say on your dash?

Ray has been quite busy lately as I've been trying to contact him also and he is just a few days longer apon reply due to a heavy work load. He will get back to you in a few days, I have faith in Ray as he is a stand up guy. As I said I don't know what the exact Issue your having may be but I am happy to try to help. Reading thru this whole thread or as much of it as you can stand will most likely help figure out the problem.

best of luck to ya

Last edited by lopro; 02-10-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by krerra S
Ray can I have another resistor, I only received one and have a front module fault.
I didn't saw your emails. Please email me at info@rotteccarbon.com and I will give you solution.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Ray, thanks and all I get is system fault, take to workshop. Had it checked by a tech and soon as the fault is cleared it comes back. I have emailed you, thanks

Old 02-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Lopro, thanks very much and sorry my message was confusing. All I get is on dash is "system fault take to workshop." I had the faults cleared and they come right back, the tech guy says the fault is the front control module. I was trying to ask if the module being discussed in the thread may help and I appreciate you explaining it really would not and thats why I asked Ray about resistor since I only got one with lights, perhaps I needed another. Again, I simply don't know but I do appreciate any assistance in trying to figure this out, really like the lights. I know Ray will get back to me. Thanks again.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Lopro, thanks for PM. I can receive but not send since I do not have enough post. If you provide me email via PM I will be happy to email you reply. I installed LEDs, headlights and side lamps all at same time. Thanks

Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Sure not a problem at all. i would be happy to try to help Diagnose

Old 02-11-2012, 03:18 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Front control module is something totally separate from your lights. I had the same issue after I waxed my car once. It has to do with static. You need to get a new module from Porsche, was not an expensive part.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:19 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HIporsche
I was part of the second group buy with Ray from ROTtec. Just completed the installation of the DRL LEDs in about 20 minutes. The instructions for removing the lights were on page 272 in my owners manual. I did not find my plastic card to remove the lights so I used a 2" plastic putty knife. It worked perfectly. Ray sent one resistor and I used it for the right side, after reading previous posts. No codes. This install is very easy, especially after reading this thread. Now I'm contemplating the Dectane module for true DRL function. I use the Porsche battery maintainer routinely and I am concerned about issues about the flashing lights as previously mentioned. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I know this sounds lame, but if I am getting a right side warning error is that the driver's side or passenger's side? Thanks!

Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Thank you very much, I am glad to hear that it was not the lights. Again, really appreciate that.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Doug_B_928 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by synergy
I know this sounds lame, but if I am getting a right side warning error is that the driver's side or passenger's side? Thanks!
Porsche convention is that left is the driver's side and right is the passenger side.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's