997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 12:59 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Finished Install

Here's a look at my finished installation as well as the packaging and a close up of the lights hooked up but not fully seated.

Took me about 30 minutes total, including finding a putty knife since I no longer have that Porsche card thing and also sorting out some of the connection problems I highlighted above.

I'm now especially motivated to get my regular headlights polished or something, because they look dull in comparison to the new, very clear plastic of the DRLs. Perhaps I'll get them polished and then put clear bra over them so that they don't pit again.

I'll do a search on the forum and then perhaps post elsewhere for advice on cleaning up the headlights.

Overall, I'm satisfied!

Attached Images      
Old 12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
wow that looks great, Im glad it worked out well for you. Nice car.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:00 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
yay I got mine. Im all excited. Great GB. I couldnt be more happy

these are quality lights. Ray you held your word and I think I stand with a bunch of happy customers.
Good work. +1

Old 12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
No codes thrown with anyone yet?

Old 12-13-2011, 05:04 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
No, not yet with mine. Only issue I had was the tight fitting of the passenger side lamp module. Waiting for the Dectane DRL Module to come in so I can make the LED a true DRL .

The lights do look very OEM.

Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
No codes thrown with anyone yet?

Old 12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Interestingly, I drove about ten minutes to the grocery and got a right front light code for about 2 seconds, then it went off.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
you did get a code? I have not installed mine. Im hoping there will be no issues. Are you guys talking about the white plug with the two prongs that's bent or giving issues??

Old 12-13-2011, 06:54 PM
I have driven maybe 20 minutes since I installed them and I did get a message on my instrument panel LCD that said something like "check front right light" for maybe 2 seconds before it disappeared. I will be monitoring this closely over the next few weeks.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:14 PM
chudso is infamous around these parts
Everything was good for the first 10 minutes, then (second time driving), I also got a check right front side light...for some reason this light doesn't work if it is plugged all the way in, so I unplugged it slightly so it would work??? The CEL comes on then goes off and comes back on over and over...any solutions?? - this is the side marker LEDs I'm talking about...I'm assuming that is the light they mean by right front side?
Did anyone get the dome LEDs, and how do you instal them? I couldn't get access to the lights easily and didn't want to break anything.
Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by chudso; 12-13-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chudso
Everything was good for the first 10 minutes, then (second time driving), I also got a check right front side light...for some reason this light doesn't work if it is plugged all the way in, so I unplugged it slightly so it would work??? The CEL comes on then goes off and comes back on over and over...any solutions?? - this is the side marker LEDs I'm talking about...I'm assuming that is the light they mean by right front side?
Did anyone get the dome LEDs, and how do you instal them? I couldn't get access to the lights easily and didn't want to break anything.
Thanks,
Chris
Right side front light warning is cause by front DRL middle strip. Please check connection and keep me update. For further questions, please email me at info@rotteccarbon.com or call my office 604.263.4568!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cavsct94
I have driven maybe 20 minutes since I installed them and I did get a message on my instrument panel LCD that said something like "check front right light" for maybe 2 seconds before it disappeared. I will be monitoring this closely over the next few weeks.
Please keep me update thought email as well!

Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Need4Speed12 is infamous around these parts
Hi Ray,

First off, the lights looks great, jus got it installed and everyone that has seen it is amazed of how it looks.

Now to the issue --

Im getting an error on the dash indicating "Check Left Signal Light Indicator." I checked the signal light and its working but the error message wont go away. Any ideas on what i should check?

Thanks for your help Ray!!

Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 AM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Could anyone please post picture of the hack (if I may) that is needed in US markets for making the LED DRL function as a daytime running light?

Specifically pictures of installing TFLM03 module or equivalent (25 Euro), wiring to battery, need for (2 or 3 ?) T / tap connectors?

Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Unhappy Still getting warning...

Still getting the light periodically. I'll try to pull the light in the next few days and recheck the connections.

Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2011, 09:45 AM
PorkyPorka is infamous around these parts
Both have check light issue

Hi Ray/All

I fitted my lights last week and they look great and work 'well'.....but...... everytime i drive the car I get a warning light for both sides. I also noticed that my indicator starting flashing faster yesterday periodically which was very odd??

Please do let me know what this could be. Happy with the product but will be massively disappointed if get this message every time I drive the car!

Instructions would have been helpful, it was simple when you know what you are doing but i was there scratching my head for a while!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's