997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:36 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ray
We have positive result of testing today and found out a easy way to turn off front left or right light warning. I will contact anyone who had email me with this warning light issue shortly for solution!
I'm definitely looking forward to your email.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:36 AM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ray
We have positive result of testing today and found out a easy way to turn off front left or right light warning. I will contact anyone who had email me with this warning light issue shortly for solution!
Ray, do you know why some cars are getting it and others aren't?

I just installed mine in the garage last night. I haven't started the engine yet, but with the ignition key on all of the lights are working as they should with no codes.

I'll actually drive it today and will report back if I get any errors as other have mentioned that they got the errors only after driving for a little bit.

Thanks Ray!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:55 AM
NJM500 is infamous around these parts
Hi Ray, what the ETA for the solution for error codes ? would be good to use Sunday to solve....cheers.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Ray,

Glad to you hear you had success with your troubleshooting and testing. Considering this issue has affected so many cars, you may want to post the fix in this open forum for everybody to see and reference.

Thanks,

Jay

Old 12-18-2011, 10:33 AM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by coco0045
The DRLs looks absolutely amazing! Thanks Ray. Will begin testing them later. Fingers cross..hopefully no error codes. In the meantime, I had a little trouble figuring out how the heck to install the DRL but after some reading it was too simple. Anyhow, I made a short video on how to do it. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the great video! + 1 Rep for you!

Old 12-18-2011, 02:34 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jay Jones
Ray,

Glad to you hear you had success with your troubleshooting and testing. Considering this issue has affected so many cars, you may want to post the fix in this open forum for everybody to see and reference.

Thanks,

Jay
Second. Was hoping to get this fixed today.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
are peoples lights now going out? I saw someone in another post having issues with certain leds going out now. not just errors

Old 12-18-2011, 05:15 PM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
I installed mine last night with the car in the garage and all functionality was working correctly with no error codes.
Today I drove about 40 miles all over town with the fogs on and still no codes.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will let everyone know if I see any codes.

2006 997S

Old 12-18-2011, 05:29 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
i dont get it, some are giving people grief and some are not. All i know is im getting worried abit here

Old 12-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Toffee is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Toffee
I did further investigation today on the LEFT DRL:

1) per your advise, I turn the white connector around. With this change, the middle element of the DRL module no longer works, even when the light switch is turned on. As such, my original connection was correct, which turn the middle element on.

2) With the white connector in the correct position, there are 2 issues:
a) there is a warning 'Check front left light 'on the dash
b) the middle element will turn on for a few seconds whenever I lock/unlock the car. ( this does not happen for the RIGHT DRL)

2) I swap out the white connector and replace with the original parking bulb. With this change, the park light works normally. There is no warning message on the dash when I turn on the lights.

With the above tests, I would conclude that the the LEFT DRL is faulty.
Just like to update all on my issue.

After confirmation that the LEFT DRL is faulty, Ray sent me a replacement unit.

I received it over the weekend. With the replacement unit, there is no warning light on dash and everything works as expected.

Kudos to Ray for his great aftersale service to address my issues and his prompt response time!!!

PS: I would suggest to anyone that if you are having issue with one of the DRL, do swap it around to test and confirm if the issue remains on the faulty side.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:13 PM

I received it over the weekend. With the replacement unit, there is no warning light on dash and everything works as expected.

Kudos to Ray for his great aftersale service to address my issues and his prompt response time!!!

PS: I would suggest to anyone that if you are having issue with one of the DRL, do swap it around to test and confirm if the issue remains on the faulty side.
I'm just waiting to hear back from Ray. If it is easy as getting a new light and replacing mine, I'm all about getting the show on the road.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:30 PM
synergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to beholdsynergy is a splendid one to behold
Quick update, I just installed the lights. Thanks to coco's video the install took 10 minutes and was a breeze. I left the car running for 10 minutes and no error codes yet....yet....yet. I also turned on the hazard lights and no issues. I will drive the car this week and report back.

I must say, they look amazing. The quality looks fantastic and really upgrades the look of the car. I love them, thanks Ray!

I hope no errors but will advise!

Old 12-18-2011, 06:45 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough

I am surprised you received a replacement so quickly? I am still waiting to here back from Ray to replace my faulty Driver Side DRL. Picture attached. He emailed me 4 days ago about contacting the factory and filling a warranty claim but that was it. He said once it was "approved" he would send a replacement. I have not heard anything since Dec 14th.

Attached Images   
Old 12-18-2011, 07:30 PM
MB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to beholdMB7000 is a splendid one to behold
I had a very interesting conversation with a fella from china, and all I can say is if you all knew the markup on these lights you would be much more pissed off.

At the price point these are selling at I would expect no issues and stellar service, not secret emails

Old 12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
MarkFank is infamous around these parts
I installed my ROTtec fronts last night (they do look fantastic!) & I got the error today. :-/ I'm having the same experience as many here - the lights work as expected in all light positions. I am also getting the red exclamation point--but no narrative code--and then the exclamation point will disappear/reappear on its own.

Hopefully there is a simple fix (Ray, YGM). Here is a pic of the error message:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's