997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 GT3 conversion kit with LEDs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
negrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to behold
I just wanted to say David at Sanford Paint & Body is the man!! Anyone in the Orlando area needs any work you go to this guy! Hes got the touch! Im guessing by wen it should be done.

www.sanfordpaintandbody.com

Name:  paint.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  63.8 KB

Old 12-18-2011, 11:17 AM
GregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to all
Subscribed. Can't wait for the finished product.
Greg

Old 12-18-2011, 02:13 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
wow looks like its going to be done right. I hope it turns out nice and oem

Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Djork is infamous around these partsDjork is infamous around these parts
Did you get your front at NRauto as well? Was the fitment bad as the rear was?

Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
2 things. I was under the impression that the .2 front and rear bumpers were different enough that it wouldn't be a direct bolt-on anyway so that would be reason for a bad fitment.

Are you having the rest of the car painted???

Old 12-19-2011, 05:30 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
yes he is having the car painted, the whole thing is wet sanded above. looks almost ready to be resprayed in the pick above.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 PM
negrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to behold
Painted

Fitment was crap cause kit was crap. Just to many problems. The owner took over this cause I'm in afghanistan and really worked with me. Neal at NRAUTO told me to send the kit back to him and then he would to the MINOR adjustments he so calls said needed to be done. TWO FREAKING MONTHS and he sat on it and made me pay to send it back!! LAME. So David at the sanford shop took over and had to fill in gaps and cut here and there. Because it is a .2 there is MINOR work that need to be done.. LIKE JUST THE LIGHTS. Everything should be direct bolt on. The GT3 front is a little different and you need to cut some things and take the radiator ducts off i believe but thats about it. They just fixed some minor chips and lil scratches and just repainted i guess. Super CLASS A ++++ work from David. Just on top of his game and does amazing work. He has been working hard so when i come home in a week for R&R it will be done. Great! Here it is painted.

Name:  PicturePATHWAYSmarknegrette039.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  84.7 KB

Old 12-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Djork is infamous around these partsDjork is infamous around these parts
Keep us updated! Looks good man!

Can you tell me if you get any error codes for the front DRL's? Also do you know if your car has real Day-time Running Lights once you turn on the car now?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm in the same process but about 5 steps behind you haha

Old 12-20-2011, 10:05 PM
There are NO ERRORS. It all worked out fine. Im not to sure about the driving lights just being on. Ill have to check on that. I have heard no word back from the shop so hopefully soon.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:31 AM
So the back is on. Should have more pics later today.

Name:  frontbumper2.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  117.1 KB

Name:  back.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  120.4 KB

Name:  rear2.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  104.1 KB

Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM
wow looks good, nice new and fresh. Nice to have good people working on your car. Looks like he knows how to paint. I love the colour, really is nice with the motorsports kit. I hope you get to enjoy the car on your R&R

Old 12-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks lopro, I think i might just sleep in it hahahaha. It is looking nice. I cant wait to see it all finished and slammed. Fresh wach. Its going to be a beast. Now im just waiting for the IPD to make the GT3 throttle body plenum and thats going on next.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM
If I was on leave, I would take a long drive in my car for a few days. Enjoy man good luck and be sure to post somemore pics. nice car so far

Old 12-22-2011, 09:02 PM
For sure... im going to just RIDE for an hour going NO WHERE lol. Maybe tomorrow it will be complete. I hope. Dont know why the wings not on yet or side skirts.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:39 PM
I would imagne they painted those pieces seperatly so maybe they are just pics of mid reassembly. Did you get a carbon rear wing or center section carbon? painted black or body colour?

if its not carbon it would really look nice to wrap it to match the hood roof and so on.. flat wrap. Carbon mirrors an wing center section would be baller too

either way its going to be amazing taking off in the car for drive and pics for us on the board.

cant wait

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 conversion kit with LEDs