997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 Dectane DRL led

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:16 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Bummers. Defective unit perhaps. I would try reversing the polarity as noted by MB700. Appears Frank is also getting his LED DRL from same supplier/manufacturer as Rottec?
Polarity has been reversed before trying to driver side and polarity was reversed there also.

Middle light is defective.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
well if you reversed the plug both ways then it seems it is a defective one.
seems to be problems with these all over the place, no matter where they were bought.

Aside from the issue they look great in your car jbigelow_1. Good luck with the warrentee

Old 12-30-2011, 02:20 PM
JPSJR is infamous around these parts
Not true lopro, the guys who bought there DRL led outside of Rottec had zero issues. It seems Ray's customers are having the issues and he is taking care of it.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:26 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Oh, but jbigelow bought his from Orange Tuning.

Originally Posted by JPSJR
Not true lopro, the guys who bought there DRL led outside of Rottec had zero issues. It seems Ray's customers are having the issues and he is taking care of it.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:35 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
as far as I know orange tuning, rottec both got the light from the same place. its nothing to do with the dealers its all to do with the place they were made.

I have heard of problems all over the place with these. I have read every post in all 20 threads about them on both 6speed and rennlist. yes, your right about the fact that rottec are fixing them and doing what they can to help out with warrentee and resistor help.

Although fact of the matter is they are having issue all over the place. right light warning errors, condensation and faulty leds. seems to be some people are installing the plugs bacwards or whatever causing polarity issue and others are having resistor issue. Numerous people.

Im not knocking anyone, fact of the matter is ray looks better after the fact because of his service to rectify the situation. This is beginning to be covered to death. Same argument over and over, It's like beating the dead horse.

Yes ray is good and ray is fixing the situation. maybe Im wrong and I just want to learn as much as I can so if so just let meknow
cheers

Last edited by lopro; 12-30-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:49 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
I want these cool looking DRLs but will wait till these issues are resolved and folks here report that existing issues are fixed and Ray confirms that new shipments include resistors and work out of the box.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:37 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
OK, took the passenger light out again today with a friend who is an electrician.

We found that it was a defective middle strip due to the fact that one of the wires connecting to the wedge was not connected and loose. My buddy reattached the wire, soldered, and voila..... problem solved, & they now work

Attached is a video of the DRL led lights from Frank @ ORANGE TUNING (Same lights as ROTTEC and other sellers I'm assuming) and a few pix. I am also using the DECTANE taillights.

I changed my XENON HID to 6000K and also changed my side marker lights, rear license plate lights, and interior lights to all LED.

I have no codes or issues at all.

Now to see how long these DRL lights last........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj_Hx...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-30-2011, 06:56 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Glad to see you found and fix the culprit.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
OK, took the passenger light out again today with a friend who is an electrician.

We found that it was a defective middle strip due to the fact that one of the wires connecting to the wedge was not connected and loose. My buddy reattached the wire, soldered, and voila..... problem solved, & they now work

First off thanks for the video and pics. Your cars looking amazing. Love the porsche banner,cup wing and new banners on the wing. Love the DRL on your car with Detains tails. Looking good bud.

second, Im not sure if this is other peoples issue but i commend you and your body for taking the time to fix the issue. Most just wonder why but you took the problem into your own hands and got er did. Great job. Maybe you should have taken a vid of the fix process. I would have loved to see the inside. Did you have to open the back of the light to acces the wiring or was it a problem outside the plastic near the connector?

third, wheres the new wheels? I am dieing to see those badboys.

Overall, love the new lights and 6000k updates side lights and so on. Lets see some interior shots. those the scroth belts in tequiptment catolague? Whats the red lights on the dash? Love it man. love it. looks amazing.
moar please.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Hi Lopro,

We took the liberty to find out because I wanted to have my unit working correctly NOW. Lol

The issue was near the connector on the outside of the light housing. I would not attempt to open it.

Thanx for the compliment..... I was just playing with the vinyl on the car since my friend has a vinyl shop. Rauh-welt is going back on the car where all the Porsche decals are.

I am still deciding on tires for the wheels. Can't decide. Probably mid January ill have them on.

Hope everyone is happy with their DRLs.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:54 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Glad you resolve the problem John. Car looks good as usual.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
I changed my XENON HID to 6000K and also changed my side marker lights, rear license plate lights, and interior lights to all LED.

I have no codes or issues at all.
Hi Jbigelow,

First let me complement you on a beautiful setup and great work on diagnosing the DRL wiring issue!

Would you mind posting what/where to order details (links? part number etc.. if avail) on our other upgrades, specifically:
1) XENON HID to 6000K
2) Side Marker LED's
3) Rear License Plate LEDs

Regards,
David

Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 PM
im not sure where he got his but I got mine from Ray at Rottec.

I imagine frank at orange tuning has them also. Where ever you buy your DRL's they will most likly carry them too

Old 02-28-2012, 09:07 AM
911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold911bobby is a splendid one to behold
Got an email with tracking number from Frank the other day for my 997.1 Dectane DRL LED so it's on the way!!! Anyone else ordered?? Frank said it was Plug n Play is this correct??

Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Crossfire190 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

I ordered from Frank as well. I ordered both the Dectane Rears and the front DRL's. Order was placed 2-13-12. Frank was out of stock of the non-smoked rears and said would ship the following week. Order was shipped on 2-21-12 and I received on 2-27-12.

The installation was very straightforward. Simply plug and play. Search the forum there are some good install videos out there for both sets.

I did not drive the car yet - still in storage, so I am not sure if I will have any errors... The DRL's did not come with any extra resistors, so I am hoping that the factory resolved the issue internally.

As others have noted, it is critical to check the functionality of the lights before re-installing - the polarity is key on the DRL/Parking light connector.

Also, I think these lights look even better in person than they do in the pictures.

Highly recommend these as well as ordering through Frank@orange tuning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Dectane DRL led