997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 Dectane DRL led

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
I ordered a set of the DRLs last week from Frank at Orange Tuning. He claims the manufacturer has resolved any error or fault conditions and "resistors should be already in the lights". I ordered the TFLM03 Module as well so the fog/DRL feature functions properly.

I'll keep the thread posted when I receive and install the lights in case anyone is interested.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
AP 997S,

Sounds good. The DRL's really freshen up the 997.1. If you're so inclined, perhaps a detailed write up with pics on how to install the TFLM03 for others who may want to do this would be a great service to the community.

Originally Posted by AP 997S
I ordered a set of the DRLs last week from Frank at Orange Tuning. He claims the manufacturer has resolved any error or fault conditions and "resistors should be already in the lights". I ordered the TFLM03 Module as well so the fog/DRL feature functions properly.

I'll keep the thread posted when I receive and install the lights in case anyone is interested.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 808c2s
AP 997S,

Sounds good. The DRL's really freshen up the 997.1. If you're so inclined, perhaps a detailed write up with pics on how to install the TFLM03 for others who may want to do this would be a great service to the community.
I think there already is a write-up on the module install on another thread. See https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...dule-easy.html

If I have the time I'll take pics of the install and provide a step-by-step narrative. I can't guarantee it but I'll try.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Do I need to order the DRL module get them to work as real
DRL's (auto on when the ignition is turned on) or can I just program the PCM to do this if I have the Sports Chrono? I thought this could be programmed through the PCM if I remember correctly.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:49 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jabed92694
DRL's (auto on when the ignition is turned on) or can I just program the PCM to do this if I have the Sports Chrono? I thought this could be programmed through the PCM if I remember correctly.
You need the module to make the fog lights behave like proper DRLs. Next time we get together I can show you how I installed mine. The PCM setup only turns on your headlights and tail lights when the motor running, so isn't a true DRL setup.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 AM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Originally Posted by jabed92694
You need the module to make the fog lights behave like proper DRLs. Next time we get together I can show you how I installed mine. The PCM setup only turns on your headlights and tail lights when the motor running, so isn't a true DRL setup.
OK thanks Ken. I didn't realize
you changed yours. I def want more info as I'm about to pull the trigger on this. We might do a drive Sunday if you are interested? Meet at Starbucks first of course!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
If I have the time I'll take pics of the install and provide a step-by-step narrative. I can't guarantee it but I'll try.
+1 on this request, the more install pics and feedback for different individual installs the better!

Please post follow ups with pics and write up, if you would.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
The link provided in post 48 above will provide all the information you should need. TT2911 did a great writeup, and I don't think photos would help that much. The only thing I did differently was to route the battery wires through the existing grommet between the battery area and the electronic stuff in the trunk (rather than drilling a new hole). Accessing that grommet required a little more work to move things out of the way to get the wires back there, but it isn't a big job. I found that most of my time was taken with removing much of the trim inside the trunk in order to route the wires to the fog lights and battery.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Racer911S is infamous around these parts
Still waiting for my order.

I ordered the front LEDs from Orange Tuning on 3/21 and responses from Frank were immediate during the ordering process. I sent him an email on 4/8 since I still haven't received them and I am still waiting for a response. Getting concerned since it has been 20 days now since my order. I received a DHL tracking number but that thing hasn't provided an update since 3/23.

Any others have issues with not receiving your shipment?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Racer911S

I ordered the front LEDs from Orange Tuning on 3/21 and responses from Frank were immediate during the ordering process. I sent him an email on 4/8 since I still haven't received them and I am still waiting for a response. Getting concerned since it has been 20 days now since my order. I received a DHL tracking number but that thing hasn't provided an update since 3/23.

DHL partners w/ USPS regarding US domestic delivery so you know how haphazard they can be. Has the shipment gone through customs yet and turned over to the USPS? It might also be 'stuck' in clearing customs as well. Have you queried the DHL web site and/or USPS w/ your tracking number?. I think they'll provide status as well for deliveries from DHL. I've ordered and received a couple of items from Orange Tuning and they have been very quick in their shipping process.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 PM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
I've ordered stuff from Orange Tuning numerous times and always received my merchandise. How long it takes to get here varies due mainly to how long it takes to clear customs. I wouldn't worry.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM
frontside720 is infamous around these partsfrontside720 is infamous around these parts
I ordered from them and received my lights last week. I had the same experience. Emailed me minutes after i emailed him when ordered but follow through was a little slow. They just showed up so I have no complaints.

Be patient, they come a long way and we are just coming off a 4 day long weekend so really your at 2 weeks. Probably arrive this week.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts

Please post pics. I'd like to see this mod on a fellow LE owner! Will you do the fronts?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:31 PM
NikosF is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Racer911S

I didnt find the DHL site very helpful. I've ordered twice from Frank. In both cases the DHL status never changed from 'shipping to destination country' and then one day they'd be on my doorstep.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:11 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I had a horrible experience with Frank. First few times were fine when it comes to purchasing his products. If he gets your payment, there's a good chance you'll get your product. However when Frank makes the mistake and it's clear that there should be a credit coming to you, he will not respond to any of your emails. It took me 8 weeks to get my money back. I had to ask multiple friends to send him emails over that period just asking for product information to see if he's still reading his emails. Instead of responding to mine, he chose to reply back to them. That says it all. In the end, I had to use Paypal to force him to respond and give me back the credit. He definitely lost my business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 Dectane DRL led