997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone ever sell their car back to dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2011 | 12:39 PM
|
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Anyone ever sell their car back to dealer?

not trade it in, but sell it to them? How did it go? Should I expect a crap price similar to a trade in value offer?

Old 12-12-2011 | 12:50 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Youre not takin any inventory off their hands/making them any money. You should expect even lower than trade in value. It is defintely more hassle free than selling private party, but expect to bend over.

Old 12-12-2011 | 01:25 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
I'd suggest getting a buy bid from Carmax

Old 12-12-2011 | 01:40 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
I'd suggest getting a buy bid from Carmax
They're horrible as well. But worth a shot.

Old 12-12-2011 | 01:56 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bonehead
They're horrible as well. But worth a shot.
I don't have experience on higher end cars, but recently sold them a 350Z I had leased, sold it the day I was going to turn it in and made several hundred dollars.
Bought an M3 last month, got the dealer to match the carmax bid, they offered me $2k less.

Old 12-12-2011 | 02:02 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
not trade it in, but sell it to them? How did it go? Should I expect a crap price similar to a trade in value offer?
no. u should expect lower than the crap price.

they have no incentive to buy ur car.. unless they can make $5000 to $10000 when they re-sell ur car (after paying the workers to inspect, repair and clean ur car)

bottom line:
unless $5-10k is not important, sell it private party.
If ur car is clean, it should sell pretty quickly.
BOL.

Old 12-12-2011 | 05:29 PM
|
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
no. u should expect lower than the crap price.

they have no incentive to buy ur car.. unless they can make $5000 to $10000 when they re-sell ur car (after paying the workers to inspect, repair and clean ur car)

bottom line:
unless $5-10k is not important, sell it private party.
If ur car is clean, it should sell pretty quickly.
BOL.
I figured as much. I'm in no hurry to sell, but thought maybe they would be interested. I'm sure they can put it on their lot and make 8-10K easy, but I'm sure they are going to give me a crap price.

Old 12-12-2011 | 05:34 PM
thefr7 has a spectacular aura aboutthefr7 has a spectacular aura about
Have also never sold them a high-end car, but CarMax is awesome to sell a car to... Sold them a Jeep Wrangler. They give you the average blue book value, not negotiable but very fair and the price is good for 7 days - no high pressure sale. We made $3,400 on that, but we got a hell of a deal web we bought it originally.

Old 12-12-2011 | 06:52 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I figured as much. I'm in no hurry to sell, but thought maybe they would be interested. I'm sure they can put it on their lot and make 8-10K easy, but I'm sure they are going to give me a crap price.
If you think it will sell better on their lot, see if they'll do a consignment sale.

Old 12-13-2011 | 12:44 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have never sold my Porsches to the original dealership .
What I did do when i wanted to sell one of my cars is hear the dealership price offer , compare it to a few local independent high end dealerships , and compare it with private sale .

I found at that time (keep in mind market timing plays a role) the indy lots offered more than the dealership but less than a private sale but it was very convenient . Florida has a lot of indy lots though.

I have read a few posts where forum members sold their cars on consignment but that option was something i never knew of and I still don't know enough to comment on how the process works.

Good luck.

Old 12-13-2011 | 02:39 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
are you offering it here? see what the market says, there are potential buyers out there(here,me) that could make it mo betta for everyone concerned, dealerships are doing fine and theres a reason for that, i think they invented 'lowball'...

Old 12-13-2011 | 04:16 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
purchased @ 53k....3 years later back 2 the dealer for 48k....it was a 993 though

Old 12-14-2011 | 12:33 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Bought @ $44K a year and a half ago from PRIVATE PARTY. Carmax recently offered me $36K outright and they would sell the car at around $42K with warranty on their lot. I would ask $39.5K if I were selling it, but I'm too busy driving it - that is until I find an early 70's 911. I think selling private party is tough and risky so I would probably sell outright to Carmax or an Indy.

Old 12-14-2011 | 10:34 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Old 12-14-2011 | 12:51 PM
sc170 has a spectacular aura aboutsc170 has a spectacular aura about
Sold my M5 to the dealer.... They paid 15% more then Carmax. I think everything is dependent on what car you have and how much inventory they have on the lot. GLWS!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever sell their car back to dealer?