997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I got a new Deck Lid TA Style Type III wing (bad photos inside)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:00 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
I got a new Deck Lid TA Style Type III wing (bad photos inside)

It is a weird day here in California. There is a strange wet precipitation type substance falling from the sky and I really don't know what to make of it!

I will of course post better photos of the car when the sun back out and in full effect. I purchased the wing from Neal at NR Automotive Accessories. Good product and I am really happy with the looks of the car. It is of course the replica to the Techart Type III wing but it cost me less that half the price. To me personally that is more important. Had it painted and it was installed in about an hour. Everything fit just right and there was no extra holes or cutting etc.

I really like the look & the new lines of this deck lid. To me it is the closest look to the Turbo wing. Again, more photos to come.

Also my DRL's are supposed to come today so I will install those and post pics.

Attached Images    

Last edited by BSB911TT; 12-12-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
ulmpharmd is infamous around these parts
Very nice!

Old 12-12-2011, 04:10 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
I like it. I looked at many wings/spoilers but most are just too much for my taste. Do you know if it comes with a CF lip as well?
Can you post where exactly you bought it from? (I googled NA auto but its not coming up)

Old 12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
looks great! can you please link me to the NA Auto website? i did a google search and couldnt find it.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Sorry I corrected it.
NR Automotive Accessories: I believe they advertise on the Board
http://www.nrauto.com/sub_index.asp?...&spage=Spoiler

Old 12-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by krysFly
I like it. I looked at many wings/spoilers but most are just too much for my taste. Do you know if it comes with a CF lip as well?
Can you post where exactly you bought it from? (I googled NA auto but its not coming up)
We are the same page. I really like the look of the GT3 and GT2 wings but just not for my personal car. This one is really subtle but defiantly adds a lot IMO. There are so many 911's driving around here it is kind of nice to be a little different. I do not believe they work with any carbon fiber on this wing.

The wing was NOT supper light by the way. A little heaver than I would have thought to be honest. Maybe 12lbs to 15lbs? But they take about 6 to 8 pounds out of the car when they remove some parts and the small motor that raises and closes the OEM deck lid.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:30 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Did you have to disable the factory spoiler from going up? How is that work?

Old 12-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by krysFly
Did you have to disable the factory spoiler from going up? How is that work?
Yes, you have to disable it. I had the work done for me but it is fairly simple. It comes with everything necessary. The wing uses all the exiting OEM holes. Theres no drilling.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Thumbs up

thanks

Old 12-12-2011, 08:51 PM
MileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the rough
Post some more pics when you get better weather. It looks like it's bolt on, so you didn't have to worry about the deck decals. Can you post pics of the upclose seams? How hard was it to get it to match the meteor grey?

Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 PM
MileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the rough
Does it block the rear idiot light??

Old 12-12-2011, 11:34 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Sweet wing!

Old 12-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Rotor is infamous around these parts
I want one!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Rotor
I want one!
group holiday buy?

Old 12-13-2011, 07:44 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
i would have definitely purchase if CF were available. bummer...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I got a new Deck Lid TA Style Type III wing (bad photos inside)