997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

my "1% dilemma"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:01 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
i would not buy first year 991 car just out of a usual precaution. they may be fine, or may be not - it is totally new car so it probably would be wise to give it some time unles you got to have latest/greatest.
GTS 6sp car with SPASM suspension option right now is a best buy for the money.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:14 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by utkinpol
i would not buy first year 991 car just out of a usual precaution. they may be fine, or may be not - it is totally new car so it probably would be wise to give it some time unles you got to have latest/greatest.
I've purchased two new model automobiles in my life. The firsat was a 1995 Saab 9-3, the first year of GM ownership, and the first year of the brand new model. The door handle came off in my hand, it had a horrible shimmy, and the motor frequently kept running even after I'd turned off the car and pulled the key out of the ignition. One of the happiest days of my life was when I watched it float down the street during a major flood in New Orleans, from my upper level apartment window.
The second was the new 2007 335i convertible. The new turbo engine had issues from the start - sometimes would cut out for no apparent reason and I had to travel home in "limp mode." I got hammered on the lease rate as the residual value was through the roof, and the money factor was poor. I couldn't wait to turn the thing in. Went straight to the Porsche dealer and purchased my 08 C2 cab - a much more expensive car, and a much better car, but in the end cost me less to own per month than the 335ic.

Last edited by mseligson; 12-16-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
all those things are very difficult to predict. still, if we look at history - 993 car was based on 968 and was a perfection (and still is), first batches of 996 had issues but 997.2 and GTS was/_is_ a pretty much perfection, 991 is not based on 997, so...

Old 12-16-2011, 10:53 AM
sn66p is infamous around these parts
i'm with you guys. first year auto demons are difficult to predict, especially on a new model. i was close to pulling the trigger on a 991, however. the temptation for the latest and greatest, even sight unseen, was really strong.

i'd like some more feedback on pricing. can anybody else chime in my deal or gts deals in general?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.