997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Which one? NAV-TV Tooki + OPi-P / Denison / Cartronics / mObridge / Other?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 09:57 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Which one? NAV-TV Tooki + OPi-P / Denison / Cartronics / mObridge / Other?

I have the RayTel tellphone 4200 bluetooth for my 2007 C2S 997.1 and NAV-TV OPi iPod adaptor (OPi-P NAVTV 07 /0928).

I am unhappy with both RayTel and NAV-TV OLD OPI-P.

RayTell TellPhone 4200 does not use the car speakers and mic, has poor quality and just not well integrated. Here is the link to RayTel tellphone 4200: http://archive.pac-audio.com/instructions/tell-4200.pdf

I have an old Nav-TV OPi-P that does not charge my iPhone 4, but works well via my Bose speakers. The new ones do charge, I believe.

I am considering ripping out the RayTell and old Nav-TV Opi-P and replacing with one of the following.

BTW, I did not consider the FM modulated and non-iPhone-charging "Genuine Porsche Music Player Interface" unit that Porsche is selling: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/OEMKIT.html

======
1) Nav-TV Tooki and new iPod adapter that will also charge my iPhone.

Bluetooth: TOOKI
http://www.navtv.com/product/7/tooki...eShowProduct=1

OPI-P PORSCHE VEHICLE IPOD ADAPTER (PORSCHE 911 / 2007, USA)
http://www.navtv.com/product/18/opi-...d-adapter.html
$749 + $499

I will confirm that it does charge the iPhone 4

======
2) Dension Gateway 500 and BTA1500

Dension Gateway 500 MOST GW51MO2
Amazon Amazon

BTA 1500
Amazon Amazon
$470 + $80

======
UPDATE: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...artronics.html
The Owner of Cartronics passed away in early March 2012.

3) CarTronics iTronic BLUETOOTH PHONE SYSTEM (AND IPOD)
$800 + $100
http://www.cartronics.com/Porsche.html (expand First item: bluetooth phone system...)

4) mOBridge
http://www.mobridge.us/compatibility...13148/13145/26
http://www.mobridge.us/products/most-bluetooth-ipod-aux

Questions:

- What do you use? It is fully integrated? charges iPhone
- Do you need external mic?
- tooki seems to be really expensive, is it worth the $1250
- Are these DIY?
- Any general pointers?

Last edited by DS997c2s; 03-20-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 12-16-2011, 06:55 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have a Tooki that was professionally removed from my C2Si n November, doesn't work with my CDR 24 head unit. If you go that way, make me an offer.

I thought the Tooki worked well, and had hoped to reuse it. I also have the Gateway 500, and that worked well in my car.

Good luck with your search

Old 12-16-2011, 07:53 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
interface wise they all are similar, i have mobridge since 2009 and it works fine.
look up ebay and find cheapest unit you can get there, if none are there - consult with whoever you want to do install for you.

i got mobridge from ebay for about of $510 or so, it is a single unit device and i like it fine. get newer one with plastic top cover - it is better for bluetooth reception.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:17 AM
clay5523 is infamous around these partsclay5523 is infamous around these parts
I installed the mobridge unit, BT only, and I am extremely pleased with the unit. The one speaker now furnished with the unit fit perfectly recessed in the cluster deck. Speaker communication in car and on the other end is as clear as any BT I have owned. It works as advertised. Mounted unit behind the console so I could update unit if necessary. Updates with a SD card and SW download from Cartronics.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:49 AM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Question

Also, who would be a good installer (some one comfortable with MOST) in the bay area?

Old 12-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
anyone ever tried this one?
http://isimplesolutions.com/iphone-i...n-GateWay.aspx

looks like it functions just li the Dension for about 1/2 the cost.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:54 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
It doesn't talk about MOST comparability. The is Porsche's Fibre Optic system that they use for the audio system. If it works with MOST, then buy it.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
anyone ever tried this one?
http://isimplesolutions.com/iphone-i...n-GateWay.aspx

looks like it functions just li the Dension for about 1/2 the cost.
Not compatible with 997s. I get this on the configurator:

"We're sorry, but the Gateway doesn't work with this vehicle. Please try one of our Universal Solutions."

Universal kits are audio jack interface

Old 12-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by DS997c2s
Universal kits are audio jack interface
FM modulators

Old 12-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Still can't decide!

Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 PM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
I installed the MoBridge unit myself and it was actually quite simple. Open the trunk and remove all of the removable access covers. Take a phillips screwdriver and remove the 6 or 7 screws that go around the perimeter of the plastic cover that is edged with the rubber gasket. Pull that whole unit out of your way so you complete access. Disconnect the plug to the trunk light as you start to remove the big cover.

My car has a NAV unit so I pushed in the little tabs on each side and slid the unit out of its mounting tray. Push in the tab and remove the fiber plug (has 2 orange fiber cables coming out of it) be careful not to exceed a bend radius of 2" on the fiber cables so you don't break the conductor. Follow the directions for removing one of the fiber cables from that plug and inserting the patch cable provided. Attach the other end of the patch cable to the cable just removed from the plug using the fiber splice they provide. Hook the black wire to battery ground and the red wire to battery positive. Note you have to hook to a constant (non-switched 12v source) source. There is a large rubber grommet in the firewall just to the drivers side and slightly behind the battery, looking at it from the front. Any cabling that needs to go into the passenger compartment (iPod, aux input, etc) can be fed through there. Total install time for me was 1.5 hours and it worked great the first time it fired up.

Some versions of the instructions say you have to get your cars PCM activated by Porsche for a 6 disc CD changer if it didn't come with one from the factory. Mine did not have one and it worked fine without activation but yours may require activation. If your car does have a 6 disc changer under the hood, you will lose that functionality as it has to be looped out of the MOST buss.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks TT2911 - Very helpful instructions again!

Scott, I'll call you in a couple of days.

I have PCM2.1, DVD changer disconnected

NorthVan, What year was the tooki. Do you have the model #
Thanks !

Old 12-20-2011, 10:06 PM
It is 11/23/07

I have the latest upgrade software on it.

Make me an offer if you are interested in it.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:46 PM
V10
V10 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cartronics
Yep, and we are the North American direct distributor for mObridge - one stop shop.

Is Mobridge the same as the Dice Mobridge. What is the difference between the itronic and Mobridge, do they both display in the instrument cluster as well as the PCM 2.1 display?

Thanks

Old 12-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
We're Dension distributors, and carry NavTV as well, so if you need any more detail on these items, email me: eric@bumperplugs.com

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which one? NAV-TV Tooki + OPi-P / Denison / Cartronics / mObridge / Other?