997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gundo Hack (PSE Hack) done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 PM
OCT
OCT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BillB128
Your car sounds great. Who did the modification for you?
thanks~
a bodyshop in brooklyn

Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
MJRizzo is infamous around these parts
gundo hack

I also live in new Jersey. Can you tell me where you had work done . Thanks

Old 01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
BillB128 is infamous around these parts
Mike,
Where about in NJ are you? I've checked around quite a bit.
I found an exhaust shop in Union County that said they could do it.
One of the members also gave me the name of a shop in Mt. Olive that he thought could do the job, but they had not done a Gundo previously.

Finally, I found a custom welder in Butler who could weld in 304 stainless.
I don't think he would remove the cans, but since I have an extra set, that was not a problem. With that being said, I told him I was not in a rush, and he apparently took that to heart. I'm still have yet to get the finished product back.

If you want some info, shoot me an e-mail... wmbergen (at) verizon (dot) net.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 AM
MJRizzo is infamous around these parts
gundo

Thanks alot....I'm in freehold area, I will email you later. There is a place in trenton that may be able to do it...about 45 minute ride..

Old 01-15-2013, 05:41 PM
The shop in Trenton might be your best bet. I'm pretty sure there are two shops there who are familar with the Gundo hack.

The one shop I contacted was in Linden. They were willing to do the modification, but had not done one previously.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 AM
Malexgcab is infamous around these partsMalexgcab is infamous around these parts
Just had my donor cans Gundo'd by KC custom exhaust in Ramsey NJ. It was his first time doing this bypass but according to him he had done the "muffler - pipe bypass" many times.

KC is very professional and he took the time to do it right. There is a picture of the Gundo on his website/facebook account.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:15 PM
jeffwongdesign is infamous around these parts
Anyone in Northern Virginia have the Gundo hack? Would love to meet at a cars and coffee to check it out. Cheers! PM me.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:41 AM
sullivas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Steven B
The 2" is absolutely awesome, however,my wife thought a little noisy (and I do love having her with me). I then did a 1 1/2 inch pipe and dropped the sound about 25%. Still a fabulous improvement and she does not object. No drome with either sized pipe. Best sound is when starting it cold. The pops and crackles are very beautiful.

I did the 1 1/2 pipe and it sounds great, especially when putting the foot down.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Gary B has a spectacular aura aboutGary B has a spectacular aura about
Just had the 2" Gundo/Fister hack done to my 997.1 S. My car is a tip so the sound is mild upon starting, Mitch deeper than before but not enough to turn heads. Rolling on the power it's a nice tone. Standing on the power is when it comes alive and people take notice. This was just the option I was looking for. Saved the cash I would have spent on a full exhaust for new tires, I'm going to need them...

Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM
fastm3 is infamous around these parts
Has anyone gone with a smaller pipe than 1 1/2"? I (believe) I have the 2" from Darin, and the sound is too loud for me. I wonder if going to a slightly smaller pipe will make an appreciable difference, and whether there are other options like partially blocking the existing pipe.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fastm3
Has anyone gone with a smaller pipe than 1 1/2"? I (believe) I have the 2" from Darin, and the sound is too loud for me. I wonder if going to a slightly smaller pipe will make an appreciable difference, and whether there are other options like partially blocking the existing pipe.
I have a set of 1 & 1/2" if you want to swap them.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by fastm3
I'm surprised you feel it's too loud. I personally think the sound is just right and provides a real solid sound. It's definitely louder than stock. I have found while driving with windows open you do hear more sound, however it's all about preference.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I thought that Fister's stock offering was a 1.75" bypass pipe.
If you wanted him to use a larger diameter pipe, you'd have to specifically request it.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM
fastm3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
I'm surprised you feel it's too loud. I personally think the sound is just right and provides a real solid sound. It's definitely louder than stock. I have found while driving with windows open you do hear more sound, however it's all about preference.
It's kind of a personal thing, and depends on your particular circumstances and preferences. For me, it's great on the open road but especially in the morning with the engine cold and driving around town, I feel like I might be annoying everyone. I drive on a lot of small streets, with pedestrians in close proximity. I just want a *bit* of increased growl and a more sporty note, mainly at higher rpms.

I've talked to Darin about this, and he has very generously offered to build me another set of mufflers with a smaller pipe. He's confirmed that the current pipe is actually 1 3/4", and we're trying to determine how small we should go. The problem is, Darin hasn't had many opportunities to experiment with different setups, so he's not sure what to recommend.

Do you gentlemen have any suggestions?

Last edited by fastm3; 03-12-2013 at 02:02 PM.