997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

High Mileage '06 Carrera S Journal [Equinox]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 04:13 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
yeah, that will fix it

Old 12-28-2011, 04:31 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the P-car. Enjoying the chronicle so far.... Thanks for taking the time, keep it up!

Old 12-28-2011, 05:18 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
got more info on the stereo install process? did u install a new amp as well?

Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PasPar2
got more info on the stereo install process? did u install a new amp as well?
If he didn't he'll either have to or figure out the I/O on the Porsche Amp. Might be easier to do an aftermarket amp; still will need to decode the speaker harness.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Equinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to behold
It's non bose, I assumed there was no other amp. Does Porsche have some sort of built in one? I did notice i didn't use a connector, lol. Stereo sounds great with the wattage of my Nav system, I may update the speakers and add a 500 watt amp for the components, nothing competition.

Also, I will chronicle the install better when I replace the A/C controls and get in the center console. Did the install prior to the journal, so no pics. Same with the door handle install. Will picture later when I get back into the same area of the car for something else. I enjoy doing How-tos and have a few on a couple boards.

Also... On the way home I hit a duck today (I know, wtf right?) and scratched my one week old car (to me atleast) front and center on the bumper, about 4 inches across. Sigh. Tomorrow, since I'm off, I will go see if they can buff it out.

Last edited by Equinox; 12-28-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:56 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
The fist week is the more dangerous to any new car... everything happens there!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:34 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Just to let you know, a non Bose PCM will garner some interest. Most GT3's come without the PCM option, and some really want it in there car. You might be able to pick up some $ to spend on another fix.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Equinox

Also... On the way home I hit a duck today (I know, wtf right?) and scratched my one week old car (to me atleast) front and center on the bumper, about 4 inches across. Sigh. Tomorrow, since I'm off, I will go see if they can buff it out.
Quack quack! did the duck make it?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Equinox

glad to have you aboard, Equinox. your chronicles will be very much appreciated and well read here, and as you can tell there are many knowledgeable folks on the board very happy to help.

curious where did you get the schematic picture above? looking to find more of these as I start doing more DIY projects and access to these would be very helpful. good luck on your journey!

Old 12-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Equinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to behold
Wolf -
Pulled it from our lovely friends @ www.dcauto.com
Mind you it's just the parts blow out diagram dealerships use on their parts system. So any dealer has this too, DCAuto was just the easiest to find.

Also Wolf, no, the duck is thoroughly dead.

Last edited by Equinox; 12-29-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
Non bose 997S? I thought bose was standard... Do none bose cars still have the sub behind the rear seats?

Old 12-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by PasPar2
Non bose 997S? I thought bose was standard... Do none bose cars still have the sub behind the rear seats?
I'd have to see an image of the subwoofer, but I don't see anything back there. Also, I assumed I do not have bose as there are no "Bose" badges on my door cards.

BTW, NorthVan, the power drain I was experiencing was the PCM shorting, causing intermittent speaker "thumps" while the car was turned off. A little bass hit of the speakers every 5 minutes. Upon removing the PCM, I notice coffee had apparently been spilled on the center console. This is easy to believe, what with the leftmost cup holder position hovering over it while open. I'm thinking this liquid spillage had caused a short in the PCM, as replacing it with an aftermarket stereo fixed the problem.

Last edited by Equinox; 12-29-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Nice, two birds with one stone! Well done.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Nice, two birds with one stone! Well done.
Ouch. Don't mention birds right now. Gonna cost 600$ for that damn duck.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Doesn't your insurance cover that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: High Mileage '06 Carrera S Journal [Equinox]