997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Newbie: my first 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Cramhar2 is infamous around these parts
Welcome! Great car!

Old 12-29-2011, 12:40 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nurburg611
For those of you who missed it, there was a pretty cool documentary showing the Porsche assembly plant in Zuffenhausen. Some cool footage in there assembling 997.2s. That guy Andreas who is the GT3 project manager is awesome.

Can be found in five parts on youtube. Here is part 1:
i believe this was part of the Ultimate Factories - an hour long series - on National Geo which explores different manufacturers.

but obviously, the Porsche series was the most interesting

Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 PM
tk421 is infamous around these parts
Nice, is that the White Plains dealership? You will want to deal with the front plates. I got a ticket in midtown for not having them on my prior car (Cayman S) because the dealer had not had a chance to get the front bracket and it was 2 days late; of course I made them pay for the ticket but regardless....

Old 12-30-2011, 06:33 AM
RickB is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your new car!! Enjoy!

Old 12-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KonaKai
On a day like today, when I nail the gas my traction light sometimes blinks 3 or 4 times as I get some wheelspin -- and that's with winter tires on a 4WD!
Out of curiosity, what was the temp, and any water or snow on the road?

Old 12-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Nurburg611 is infamous around these partsNurburg611 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RickB
Congrats on your new car!! Enjoy!
Thanks! Btw, thanks for your feedback on Mower Deck front license plate holders. Much better option than drilling holes. I'm going to order one as the new year comes around. Like the way it looks on yours!

Old 12-30-2011, 03:19 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Manifold
Out of curiosity, what was the temp, and any water or snow on the road?
low 40s, sunny and dry. overall the winters (sottozeros) are great but there is no comparison to MPSS or other great summers, especially when accelerating hard from a standstill or very low speeds...

Old 09-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Nurburg611 is infamous around these partsNurburg611 is infamous around these parts
Just wanted to say a great thanks to everybody sharing their thoughts on this platform. It really is appreciated even by those who do not post on a regular basis. After reading a bunch of helpful comments I've managed to finally get my first few mods done. The $775 spent on the sharkwerks muffler bypass was by far the best choice. The difference in sound is amazing and it saved me thousands I would have spent on a whole exhaust system. Thumbs up!

I also removed the warning labels on the sun visors (read about it here) and installed the mower deck license plate holder for the front (also read about it here). Also removed the carrera badge. All in all very clean look now. I'll post pics soon.

As I wrote in somer earlier post a few months ago I received my car from the valet with scratches and white particles of paint and concrete all over the rear left fender. Obviously, I was furious. Dealer was able to buff it all out and it looks like nothing ever happened without applying any new paint. Kudos to a quality factory paint job.

Over the winter months I'll go on the hunt for a few interior pieces such a steering wheel and shift ****. Again, great inspiration can be found on this platform.

To be continued.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Spring time is around and I've done a few subtle mods over the winter in the Northeast. Few pics attached. Short list of new additions: clear tail lights, sharkwerks center muffler bypass, black chrome Fabspeed dual exhaust tips, removed Carrera S signs, colored crest wheel caps, GT3 steering wheel and shift ****. I was happy to notice that the trim around the GT3 steering wheel matches the airbag (see last photo) whereas the original steering wheel had three silver pieces that matched nothing else in the car. Same goes for the shift ****, which now matches the steering wheel. Also added two black license plate frames to finish the look.

Attached Images      
Old 03-30-2013, 06:26 PM
neos281 has a spectacular aura aboutneos281 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nurburg611
Spring time is around and I've done a few subtle mods over the winter in the Northeast. Few pics attached. Short list of new additions: clear tail lights, sharkwerks center muffler bypass, black chrome Fabspeed dual exhaust tips, removed Carrera S signs, colored crest wheel caps, GT3 steering wheel and shift ****. I was happy to notice that the trim around the GT3 steering wheel matches the airbag (see last photo) whereas the original steering wheel had three silver pieces that matched nothing else in the car. Same goes for the shift ****, which now matches the steering wheel. Also added two black license plate frames to finish the look.
She looks great! Very tasteful mods.