997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Newbie: my first 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Nurburg611 is infamous around these partsNurburg611 is infamous around these parts
Newbie: my first 911

All,

I want to introduce myself after having read some great threads in this forum! Last week, I finally pulled the trigger after a whole year of research and weekly checking of dealer websites. On Friday, I picked up my 2009 C2S and I don't think I have slept a night through since ;-)

Few details on the set-up: 6-speed man, 19" Turbo Wheel, 5mm Wheel Spacers, Limited Slip Rear Diff Lock.

Bose sound, bluetooth, self dimming mirrors (golden with SUV headlights right at the same hight than your mirrors), dynamic cornering lights and a few convenience features. Porsche crest in headrest. All in all down to the basics though.

Car had less than 1,500 miles when I bought it and financing couldn't be better these days.

Had a Boxster before, which has been a great companion for 5 years. Before that BMW 3 convertible and Golf GTI (my first car which I unfort sold a long time ago).

Look forward to joining the discussion!

Console painted in exterior color but other than that very basic:

Old 12-27-2011, 08:36 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Nice setup, of course I might be a little bias to black on black C2S cars with Turbo wheels...

Enjoy the new ride, I've had mine 3 years and it never gets old! Still in the honeymoon phase...

Old 12-27-2011, 08:48 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Congratulations on the acquisition. Looks like a great setup. Thanks for posting pictures out of the gate! Enjoy it!

Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
Love it, but I may be partial to black 2009 C2S. Enjoy in good health.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:03 AM
stack24 is infamous around these parts
Congrats on a beautiful car!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations, great looking car and welcome.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:18 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Congratualtions.

Great pics.

Long Island here. There are a few of us in the NYC/LI area on the board.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:07 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
congrats !!

Old 12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
OP: Congrats on a very nice Pcar !

Originally Posted by nyseal
congrats !!
nyseal: that is one of the best pic of the rear !

can u post a bigger pic ? @ https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...your-rear.html

Old 12-28-2011, 12:41 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Congrats, now drive the s€%t out of it!!!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Nurburg611 is infamous around these partsNurburg611 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by krysFly
Congrats, now drive the s€%t out of it!!!
Done and done!

I actually would love to take her on a track few times when spring comes around. Participated in a couple of training sessions on Nuerburgring in M3s when I worked at BMW but overall my track experience is very limited to say the least.

Any good tracks anyone can recommend in greater NYC area?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:55 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nurburg611
Done and done!

I actually would love to take her on a track few times when spring comes around. Participated in a couple of training sessions on Nuerburgring in M3s when I worked at BMW but overall my track experience is very limited to say the least.

Any good tracks anyone can recommend in greater NYC area?
Absolutely...come join us at the NJMP track...many of the regions PCA clubs rent out the track for HPDE days.

check out

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...te-driver.html

for some info

Last edited by buck986; 12-28-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
OP: Car looks fantastic - congratulations!

Great to see another black 911 with Turbo rims navigating this crazy road course we live in. One piece of quick advice if I may -- recommend getting some winter tires (or a dedicated set) soon. Your car had a lot of power through the rear wheels and as awesome as the car's handling and balance is, in this weather we've got now, traction is a concern. On a day like today, when I nail the gas my traction light sometimes blinks 3 or 4 times as I get some wheelspin -- and that's with winter tires on a 4WD!

Otherwise enjoy it in good health!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by KonaKai
OP: Car looks fantastic - congratulations!

Great to see another black 911 with Turbo rims navigating this crazy road course we live in. One piece of quick advice if I may -- recommend getting some winter tires (or a dedicated set) soon. Your car had a lot of power through the rear wheels and as awesome as the car's handling and balance is, in this weather we've got now, traction is a concern. On a day like today, when I nail the gas my traction light sometimes blinks 3 or 4 times as I get some wheelspin -- and that's with winter tires on a 4WD!

Otherwise enjoy it in good health!
Agreed - I got stuck on I95 once just north of NYC on the Hutchinson overpass. It was just raining in the city but the ramp up to the bridge already froze. My first lesson what that sign "Bridges May Be Icy" actually meant. My Boxtser on 18" S-wheels didnt make it up the ramp and I got stuck. The wheels would just keep spinning (ultimately got towed off the bridge). Lesson learnt - the car stays under cover in Jan and Feb.

Here's another pic at the dealership right at pick-up. At some point I'll dave to deal with the license plate situation. Don't want to collect tickets for this and there are plenty of officers in NYC.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Porsche factory on NatGeo

For those of you who missed it, there was a pretty cool documentary showing the Porsche assembly plant in Zuffenhausen. Some cool footage in there assembling 997.2s. That guy Andreas who is the GT3 project manager is awesome.

Can be found in five parts on youtube. Here is part 1:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newbie: my first 911