997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

michelin pilot super sport n rating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 06:20 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Mine just went on today, N rating or not.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:48 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ScooterP
plus 1 on this. I just shed my PZeros and put the MPSSs on mine and could not be happier. I had to take the long way to get my morning caffiene today just because it made a big difference. The car handles like a dream.
I went through 3 sets of PZeros before joining this forum, getting educated, and switching to MPSS. It's a HUGE difference in handling and ride comfort. If you can afford it, switch now and don't look back.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
I run 305s in the back. Tirerack has the PSS for about $90 less than Re11s for a set of four. That is less than $1500 not including mounting, balancing and shipping. I really want to try the PSS, but I have only 13K miles on my re11s and I have a lot of tread left on ALL four tires. Who says tires don't last long on a Porsche

Old 01-07-2012, 08:28 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Sharkys
Who says tires don't last long on a Porsche
Those who track!

Come out with us and Spring and you'll be ready for a new set of tires by Memorial Day

Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sharkys
I run 305s in the back. Tirerack has the PSS for about $90 less than Re11s for a set of four. That is less than $1500 not including mounting, balancing and shipping. I really want to try the PSS, but I have only 13K miles on my re11s and I have a lot of tread left on ALL four tires. Who says tires don't last long on a Porsche
I just checked, the PSS are $94 more then the RE11.

Good to here the RE11's last long, I got a new set with the car.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I just checked, the PSS are $94 more then the RE11.

Good to here the RE11's last long, I got a new set with the car.
Oops. You are correct. I got it backwards. I'm going to have to get out and give that rev limiter a workout.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by KonaKai
Those who track!

Come out with us and Spring and you'll be ready for a new set of tires by Memorial Day
Ouch! I guess I better hit the track so I can get some new rubber.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I had a little over 15000 mi and 3 track weekends on a set of RE-11s on my Cayman S when I sold it. They still had some life left in them.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
+1

Originally Posted by NorthVan
Too bad for those 991 buyers
I agree, That sucks. Way to handicap a new flagship model by putting pirellis on it. I wonder if anyone can campaign Porsche to use Nittos? After the first weekend with the car, people would be calling their dealer to ask if the car is actually riding on rails?

Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 AM
OK. I have only 8K miles on my re11s. My rudimentary math skills were way off last night. Looks like I have another year and a half to go before I have to replace.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:47 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
PSS deliver as promised

I put a set on my 997.2 C2 last June. I have put 6000 miles on including a Zone 1 48 hours of the Glen and 2 days at Lime Rock. They're holding up better then the PS2s did (they look better after coming off track - less deformation of the tread and they clean off quicker afterwards). The higher wear rate is noticeable. Also, the increased grip in a corner IMHO relative to the PS2s is marginal (but you're still getting more for less$).

As for on road, they were and remain a bit quieter and better riding than the PS2s.

BUT - As the tread wears they start looking like a ribbed F1 tire from the V10 days, which is to say just ribbons of rubber. That's great for dry grip, but I suspect they will get noisy and slippery as they wear more? You never know though. The science behind this stuff is very impressive, and not visible to the naked eye....

As far as N rating, I suspect the N rated tires may weigh a bit less?

Good luck,
DRP
P.S.
I just moved from Contis to Alpin snows on the car now. I really love the driving feel of michelin tires. They're like the polished ivy league grad that also has a black belt in Karate.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:01 PM
LeNoah is infamous around these parts
Bens Tire Town

Yeah, the P Zero N2 rears are about at the wear bars and they have looked like slicks with three straight grooves for some time now. Noisy as hell and getting easier and easier to lose the rear end accelerating out of a slow sharp turn. Can be fun if no one else is around. Wife doesn't like it tho.

Anyone have experience with Ben's Tire Town in LA?

Old 01-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Will be getting a set of the PSS before they get the "N" rating because right now they're a better tire than the PS2's if for no other reason than their longer tread life. Got 23 k miles on one set fronts and 2 sets of rear PS2's.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:52 AM
fritzcurtis is infamous around these parts
I am looking at putting the MPSS on my 05 997S. Put them on my 08 S63 AMG and what a huge difference. Handles like a new car. Hope it is the same for the 997.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
On the positive side, the Bridgestone OEM POS will be history

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: michelin pilot super sport n rating