997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

michelin pilot super sport n rating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 PM
LeNoah is infamous around these parts
michelin pilot super sport n rating

Are the new Michelin Pilot Sports N rated yet? Are they expected to be?

Old 01-06-2012, 04:52 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
Searching will bring up plenty of info on this. In short, not N rated at the moment.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 AM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
A friend of mine who is an engineer w/ Michelin in South Carolina told me to expect the "N" rating late spring or summer.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by na011
A friend of mine who is an engineer w/ Michelin in South Carolina told me to expect the "N" rating late spring or summer.
And then the price will go up

Old 01-06-2012, 08:38 AM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
Originally Posted by NorthVan
And then the price will go up
Maybe not & here's what he said to me when we spoke over the holidays.
The PSS was designed from the start with the Porsche 991 in mind. Over the past several years as the 991 was refined so were the tires refined. When the 991 hits the showroom the "N" spec tires will be on the car. The first batch of tires were released last year & the tire refinement & testing continues until the "N" rating is earned. He said thus far the "refinements" have been very minor & thus no added cost.
However the wild card in the tire pricing game is the Marketing & Advertising guys.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Currently the PS2's for the same 235/305 OEM sizing tires for my GT3 are $500 (a set of 4) more then the PSS, and $700 less the MPSC, in fact of the N rated tires only the Bridgestone 050 is cheaper. The Pirelli Pzero Rosso is pretty much the same money ($6 cheaper).

Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
IMO and from speaking with a certain tire expert we all know an trust on this forum, the MPSS price will go up. As Ed points out, they are simply underpriced right now. "Introductory pricing"

Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
MPSS have already gone up around $200 for a set from where they were. This is based on the pricing that I checked 2 months ago and checked again recently. Putting a set on today - can't wait to try them out.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:00 PM
LeNoah is infamous around these parts
Well I took a shot with the new N rated P-Zero's when they came out a while back. Now I regret the decision. Rears are close to gone. Noisy as hell and crappy traction. Actually scary on wet surface. Fronts are still in great shape so my dilema is, do I replace all 4 with the new PSS's or burn through another set of the Pirelli rears and then replace all 4. Rear Pirellis are about $480 each mounted & balanced.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Don't waste another $ on PZero's, I had a set that came with my car, and listed them for sale at best offer! I got $400 for them, happy day for me

Go for the PSS's and give them a go.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Chart the price of oil vs any tire price & they will rise & fall in the same pattern.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:25 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Don't waste another $ on PZero's, I had a set that came with my car, and listed them for sale at best offer! I got $400 for them, happy day for me

Go for the PSS's and give them a go.
plus 1 on this. I just shed my PZeros and put the MPSSs on mine and could not be happier. I had to take the long way to get my morning caffiene today just because it made a big difference. The car handles like a dream.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I had just put a new set of PSS on my 09 CS prior to trading for the GTS. I wish I had thought to ask the dealer to swap tires.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:51 PM
PBR ME is infamous around these partsPBR ME is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by na011
Maybe not & here's what he said to me when we spoke over the holidays.
The PSS was designed from the start with the Porsche 991 in mind. Over the past several years as the 991 was refined so were the tires refined. When the 991 hits the showroom the "N" spec tires will be on the car. ...
The 991s (and all other P cars will now be coming with Pirelli Tires....) so you will not be seeing 991s in showrooms with N Spec PSS, or any other Michelin tire!!

http://www.pirelli.com/tire/us/en/ne.../#.TwjaJJjnsso

Steve

Old 01-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Too bad for those 991 buyers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: michelin pilot super sport n rating