997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What do you think of this color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Megathumper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan
You guys should import a used car from the USA, we do in Canada.
Not quite as easy, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road for a start!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:11 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DS997c2s
Love the wheels. Not sure about color. Great to admire and compliment, difficult to own for me
I kind of agree although the interior with the touches of exterior color looked pretty good in person.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:20 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Love the color...as long as it's someone else's car.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Good bye sweet resale.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Megathumper
Not quite as easy, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road for a start!
I guess like the toilet water swirling the other way, things are different down under! We have RHD cars here, do they not allow LHD there?

Old 01-14-2012, 10:34 PM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
I think very few people would want to own a car that color.
If it got it for 50% off MSRP, i'd maybe think about it.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I think I can live with that color, it's different. But I prefer a darker blue.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:48 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful color. It would look perfect on a MINI. On a 911 ... Hmm. May be it would work on a classic 911 like a 80's or earlier years. I am not sure I would want that on my water cooled Carrera.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 01-14-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Megathumper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I guess like the toilet water swirling the other way, things are different down under! We have RHD cars here, do they not allow LHD there?
We are not without bureacratic red tape. In terms of cars etc we have ADR's (Australian Design Rules) that insist just because if works perfectly well elsewhere dosen't nessaciarly mean it is ok here. Generally speaking if car is over 25-30?? years old I believe it can get in ok and be used (LHD or not) but newer cars is more difficult. If you want a modern supercar it is just about impossible. In general things like the McLaren F1, Bug Venron, Ascari, very top end Ferrari's just cannot get onto the public roads.

Believe me, we wouldn't pay what we do for nice cars if there was an easier way

Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Ipanema blue.. I kinda like it. I don't like it enough to buy a car that color, but I like it nonetheless. It seems like 90+% of the Porsches I see are black, white, red or silver (mine included). Seeing one in something different breaks up the 'monotony (not like driving any Porsche is monotonous).

Old 01-15-2012, 06:03 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
wrap it in flat black

Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Megathumper
We are not without bureacratic red tape. In terms of cars etc we have ADR's (Australian Design Rules) that insist just because if works perfectly well elsewhere dosen't nessaciarly mean it is ok here. Generally speaking if car is over 25-30?? years old I believe it can get in ok and be used (LHD or not) but newer cars is more difficult. If you want a modern supercar it is just about impossible. In general things like the McLaren F1, Bug Venron, Ascari, very top end Ferrari's just cannot get onto the public roads.

Believe me, we wouldn't pay what we do for nice cars if there was an easier way
Wow, that is tough government standards/rules.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Great car. I would opt for that over almost all of the grey or silver 911's I see. At least it's got some flash to it.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Haha, I think I know about this car. Custom ordered for a wife, and cost pretty close to a turbo, but the guy thought the turbo would be too much hp for the wife. Guy ordered from 2 different dealerships and cancelled the order at my local dealership. The sale guy tried to explain to him why optioning up this car instead of a turbo was a bad move, especially in that color. Oh lordy.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:48 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by denversteve
Great car. I would opt for that over almost all of the grey or silver 911's I see. At least it's got some flash to it.
I don't disagree, but I went for silver so I could get a red interior. I think the blue with red interior would be a bit much, and ultimately my interior surroundings were more important to me than the exterior. Because I like to be inside the car driving - not standing outside looking at it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this color?