997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New (to me) 997 4S Cab - Nice surprise under the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
New (to me) 997 4S Cab - Nice surprise under the car

I purchased this car just before Christmas. I was investigating if my Sport Chrono package came with PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) because it had such a great sound. Getting under the car I found this Fabspeed Motorsport name plate on my exhaust! So, I am the third owner, and the second owner stated the car was not modified by him...he didn't know about the exhaust.

Can anyone identify which Fabspeed exhaust this is?

I took some pictures of the cats, and headers to see someone can tell me if they are stock or upgraded. Also, how can I tell if the ECU is modified?

Headers

Cats

Are these Fabspeed tips?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:47 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I cannot comment on the cats BUT the headers appear stock to me!

Stacy

Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Super Adjuster congrats on the purchase of the C4S Cab! From the pictures, the only modification is the Fabspeed Maxflo Mufflers. The headers, catalytic converters, and tips are OEM. We've only had one style of Maxflo Muffler for the 996/997 Carrera.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
More Fabspeed mods may be in my future

Alex,

Thanks for the reply, info, and compliment. So, I doubt there is a software mod since the exhaust mod is minimal and I don't see any air box mods.

So, I am interested in tuning this car up with headers, cats, software, and cai to get the most out of it. Can you give me an idea of what my HP/TQ numbers are now with the exhaust and what I can expect to get by adding in these phases: 1. headers and cats, 2. CAI and software. Thanks in advance for any help with these mods.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:10 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
if its just the exhaust, you have no change in output... been discussed many times here and on RL...

Old 01-24-2012, 01:39 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
OP

I think there is a lot that has been posted about the WHP and torque gains on doing what you are thinking about. I think you will see minimal gains, but 14-20 WHP comes to mind from all that I have read. Anyone feel free to jump on and correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, congratulations! I am a fan of the C4S Cab.

Last edited by ScooterP; 01-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by ScooterP
OP

I think there is a lot that has been posted about the WHP and torque gains on doing what you are thinking about. I think you will see minimal gains, but 14-20 WHP comes to mind from all that I have read. Anyone feel free to jump on and correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, post more pics and congratulations! I am a fan of the C4S Cab. What year is it?
Thanks! I started this thread with more info and pics.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-leather.html

Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Super Adjuster
Alex,

Thanks for the reply, info, and compliment. So, I doubt there is a software mod since the exhaust mod is minimal and I don't see any air box mods.

So, I am interested in tuning this car up with headers, cats, software, and cai to get the most out of it. Can you give me an idea of what my HP/TQ numbers are now with the exhaust and what I can expect to get by adding in these phases: 1. headers and cats, 2. CAI and software. Thanks in advance for any help with these mods.
With just the Maxflo Muffler installed, power is up from 355HP to 362HP. Adding the headers & 200 cell sportcats will improve that power to about 370HP, followed by the ECU and Cold Air Kit = 380-385HP/320-235 ft-lbs. of torque. We have all the products in stock and I will send you a PM regarding the package price.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 AM
drive2006c4s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Joey@fabspeed
With just the Maxflo Muffler installed, power is up from 355HP to 362HP. Adding the headers & 200 cell sportcats will improve that power to about 370HP, followed by the ECU and Cold Air Kit = 380-385HP/320-235 ft-lbs. of torque. We have all the products in stock and I will send you a PM regarding the package price.
hi, can you also send me that package price?
thanks!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by drive2006c4s
hi, can you also send me that package price?
thanks!
I quoted a package without the Maxflo Mufflers as they are already installed on the OP's Carrera. Did you want the complete package price as you already have the mufflers installed?