997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Painted my calipers today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Painted my calipers today... (updated with DIY pictures)

or at least I tried....

I did one side and took me 'til 6:30 to put the wheels back. Some paper got stuck on the face of the caliper while drying, forcing me to start from scratch... believe me, ceramic paint is not your usual enamel...

Used duplicolor ceramic engine primer/paint and clear after the stickers where applied.

So far, so good. I can't believe it took me one day to do my 996 but those calipers where original black, not the crappy red the prior owner did on my car...

sorry for the iPhone pictures, they where taken few minutes ago...

Last edited by JoelPirela; 01-25-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Djork is infamous around these partsDjork is infamous around these parts
Looks good Joel!

Good job, post some pictures when everything is done with the wheels on too!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
That looks good.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:43 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys! on the last pic on the hat of the disc, it's just a reflection... I didn't forget to mask that out!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Great job. I painted mine this past summer so I feel your pain. It's all in the preparation. It looks like you prepared very well. Looking forward to pics of the entire car!

Best,

Matt

Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 PM
yes, preparation is key. I started this morning around 8:00 and was ready to start priming at 11:00 AM! will take pictures of the car once I finish the other side!

Old 01-25-2012, 05:54 AM
img
img is a jewel in the roughimg is a jewel in the roughimg is a jewel in the rough
came out very nice

Old 01-25-2012, 06:20 AM
rubber_ducky is infamous around these parts
Looks great! Was it a brush or spray application?

Old 01-25-2012, 07:15 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Wow, those look very good. Nice work! Did you remove the caliper?

Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Does look fantastic....let us also know how it holds out long term.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 AM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
looks good, especially on the yellow 996. Now just add brake dust..................

Old 01-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by richard181
looks good, especially on the yellow 996. Now just add brake dust..................
so they are not ceramic?

Old 01-25-2012, 12:48 PM
this is a spray on application. "ceramic" paint...
the calipers stay on the car... I will post a series of visual photo steps for you all to see.
these are now on my 997 but I did it on my 996... 86,000 miles later, still looked like when the day I painted them... very durable.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:11 PM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
Does look great, Good job. Love to see with wheels on. Post some DIY instructions i want to do it on my car as well.

These must be for your bumblebee ?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
Money!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted my calipers today...