997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Newbie, First post, some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Beru is infamous around these parts
Newbie, First post, some questions

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum. I do not own a Porsche by now but I plan to make a move soon. I've been reading this forum for moments until now and it is very interesting. The car I look for is C2S or C4S 2009. Reading here and there on the forum I tried to send a private message to someone but I found that I have to post at least 15 times to be able to do so. I wonder why...
Anyway, I have read the post of Shawnboston about his experience. It is enough to make me think twice before buy a Porsche. I really hope that if I decide to buy, my happiness will not turn into a nightmare !!
So this is my first post, the countdown from 1 to 15 is started !

Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I think the 15 post rule is so new members/vendors won't spam real members. I had a vendor send me offers for things that I were looking for awhile back and pretty much spamming me without paying their dues so it's not a bad rule.

Not sure what post your are referring to but I never had any issue with any of my p cars and I am on my 5th one.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
!

perhaps if you would familiarize yourself with the forum rules and FAQ you would find things less frustrating...there is a reason that new members are required to have 15 posts before they can pm...but in the FAQ you would find that you can send a visitor message no matter how many posts you have...just left click on a members user name and a pull down menu will appear....select "view public profile" and there you will see a text box to leave a visitor message for that member...whatever you do don't spam the board with nonsense posts just to get your post count up as that will get you a ban...here are the rules

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rum-rules.html

Old 01-29-2012, 03:05 PM
What both of you say about the rule make sense. To C4SMX5: I will try to find this specific post and post a link if it is possible. By searching on the members list, I should be able to do so.To GT3Chuck: "just left click on a members user name and a pull down menu will appear....select "view public profile" and there you will see a text box to leave a visitor message for that member.." I din't see this Thanks. Being french native , my english is not alway accurate... I will try this too !

Old 01-29-2012, 03:11 PM
About Shawnboston

Originally Posted by C4SxM5
I think the 15 post rule is so new members/vendors won't spam real members. I had a vendor send me offers for things that I were looking for awhile back and pretty much spamming me without paying their dues so it's not a bad rule.

Not sure what post your are referring to but I never had any issue with any of my p cars and I am on my 5th one.
On the Memberlist, click on search member, find Shawnboston, see all threads and you will find the first one is the one I was talking about. Title is " my Porsche experience " BTW I am happy to hear what you say about your own Porsche experience.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
That was unusual...my view is he had a lemon...they are great cars....love my 09 C4S

Old 01-29-2012, 05:01 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
And lowpue is keeping is. If he can find garage space.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by lowpue
That was unusual...my view is he had a lemon...they are great cars....love my 09 C4S
It sounds weird to me too. This is not what I used to read about 911s.
So I think I will keep my purchase process ongoing ! BTW what do you think I should pay for C2S or C4S 2009 well equipped.. Is around 80k ok ??
thanks folks.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
For my part of the country $80k would be high for an '09' C2S/C4S. However, in Quebec that might be about right.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Alan C.
For my part of the country $80k would be high for an '09' C2S/C4S. However, in Quebec that might be about right.
Really !!!!!!!! In Quebec, it is about near 90k to 100k . That's why I search in US. And according to what you say, the price in US should be around 77k ?? I see lot of C4S 2009 with a sticker price of 84 - 87k in US. So I can negotiate..