997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need Help with my GT2M Spoiler???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
PBR ME is infamous around these partsPBR ME is infamous around these parts
he really shouldn't need any of that. The Cars computer CAN be reprogrammed, I just did another today!!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:36 PM
metzkaro is infamous around these parts
Just visited him and made an appointment to go tomorrow to have it fixed and do an oil change as well. He was telling me about this thing he has that they plug in and you get a good 40% better throttle responce?

Old 02-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Where are you located? how much do you charge? and he said the same thing its all about the programing.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Any dealer or indy with a PIWIS can handle the fixed spoiler reprogramming. The following directions will absolutely work if followed perfectly:

From the Aerokit Installation Instructions TSB 1/05 6658:

Connect PIWIS tester and switch on ignition.
Select vehicle and Rear control unit.
Select Coding, then Spoiler and code Fixed spoiler.

Very simple 5 minute job if they follow the directions. Tom at Lucent is also my guy, he has handled almost every modification on my car. Tom is most likely going to send you over to Beverly Hills Porsche around the corner from his shop. Write down the directions I just listed on a piece of paper and give it to the service advisor or the tech.

Good luck!

Jay

Old 02-02-2012, 06:53 PM
actually he said he can do it. but not by those steps. He said he will plug in the original wire harness with the motor. press the button for the motor to move up, unplug the battery and then put the new wire harness and plug the battery back in and test it out if it works

Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by metzkaro
actually he said he can do it. but not by those steps. He said he will plug in the original wire harness with the motor. press the button for the motor to move up, unplug the battery and then put the new wire harness and plug the battery back in and test it out if it works
I think I'd go with the 3 step, 5 minute approach listed above.