997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

First 911 - Dream to reality!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 AM
zer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
What a wonderful story. Very happy for you, OP. Wish you the best in your experiences in the car. Remember that the daughter is going to become habituated to the Porsche brand now as well...
You said it... Our sales guy even gave my daughter a plush 911 Carrera pillow... same shape and color as daddy's She definitely knows the difference between "Where's Daddy's Porsche???" and "Where's your Porsche??"... too cute

Old 02-01-2012, 06:07 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
That picture takes the cake.

My youngest son was learning to speak when I purchased my most recent car. One of his first words was "Tee-Tee-Ahhh." (GT-R) <- lol! at my parental explanation.

Parents - you know how it goes.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:39 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations. What a nice story to wake up to and the icing on the cake was the pics of your junior with her plush 997. I hope you did your due diligence on the car prior to it's purchase ie. DME report, paint meter reads, PPI, carfax etc.

The 997 is a car that I bought purely based on looks and my first drive was after I signed the papers. That's the power of this car. It moves you even when you are standing besides it. Silly me, I am preaching to the choir.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:40 AM
texas355 has a spectacular aura abouttexas355 has a spectacular aura abouttexas355 has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations on your 911!! I'm tad jealous. I wish I was patient enough to find one in guards-red. I really like the red/tan combo.

Have any big plans for it? DE's, back-country roads, ect.?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Great story and beautiful car, congratulations.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
GRATS! I know the feeling, first 911 2 months ago. Still on the honeymoon with no signs of slowing down. Now if it would just stop raining in Houston I could drive her more!

Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 AM
Sciloh is a jewel in the roughSciloh is a jewel in the roughSciloh is a jewel in the rough
congrats!!....i was in your shoes last sept.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
As stated already...this is a story that is repeated many times....I was obsessed with 911s as a kid. Which is why everytime I see the following commercial it brings tears to my eyes.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE5

Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 AM
zer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lowpue
As stated already...this is a story that is repeated many times....I was obsessed with 911s as a kid. Which is why everytime I see the following commercial it brings tears to my eyes.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE5
I think a lot of us see ourselves as that little guy.... I know it resonated with me when I first saw it when the 997s came out!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Congratulations. What a nice story to wake up to and the icing on the cake was the pics of your junior with her plush 997. I hope you did your due diligence on the car prior to it's purchase ie. DME report, paint meter reads, PPI, carfax etc.

The 997 is a car that I bought purely based on looks and my first drive was after I signed the papers. That's the power of this car. It moves you even when you are standing besides it. Silly me, I am preaching to the choir.
It's CPO from the largest Porsche dealer in Canada, it's fully clean and has 2yr warranty from the day I picked it up. I'm actually at the shop now, they're taking care of every little nit picky thing that I've noticed (fixing a battery charge issue with a cable upgrade, checking the e-brake (sticks a bit), lubing the spoiler (a wee bit creeky) etc)... nothing major, just little things that they missed in the 111-point inspection! Now they're hooking me up with a rental car to drive back til it's finished. Feeling pretty good either way

Last edited by zer0-60; 02-01-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
675Rider is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new car!! I just sent in my payment for my 997.1 c2, similarly equipped, but it wont be delivered for another 2 weeks or so

Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 PM
onewinwon is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the new ride! I love the upgraded Carrera IIs wheels.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 PM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
Congratulations! 84A is the way to go ;-)

Old 02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
same story as you, , got my first p-car in last sept. Loving it every mile. 9000 miles in 4 months.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
congratulations - on both having a beautiful car and a beautiful daughter.

it's amazing how many of us have the same story. i was exactly the same age when i promised myself i would own a Porsche 911 one day. my dad said i shouldn't set myself up for disappointment....i've promised to let him drive it on the track when he visits me next

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First 911 - Dream to reality!