997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

First 911 - Dream to reality!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 PM
SToronto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dallas8888
Glad you had a good experience with Pfaff. I went there roughly 2 yrs ago when I started looking for a C4/C4S. Can't remember the question I asked the salesman but basically he said he was selling porsches not hondas....ended up buying from Annapolis Porsche in Maryland.
How was your experience buying in the US and bringing back to Canada?

Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
SToronto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zer0-60
Definitely not the experience I had... And to shed some more perspective, I walked in the first time, a 29 year old with wife and 1 yr old baby... Expected to have at least a few sales folks laugh and point, but Maurizio treated me like any other customer. I could have been buying a Carrera GT and I couldn't have expected any more respect from him. Can't stress enough how great of an experience I had with him... For anyone looking in the GTA, be sure to give him a call before making a final decision.
Don't mean to hijack thread...but it burns me up when I read stories of people judging younger folks. These days the young ones sometimes have more cash than the old. About 10 years ago, I walked into Maranello BMW on my way home from work. Dressed in business casual but was young at the time, nobody came to help me so asked the receptionist to get me a salesperson. He came to the middle of the showroom, literally 2 feet from me, looked at the receptionist put his hands in the air and said "Where's the customer, I don't see anybody"......Brutal....ended up getting it from Budds.

That's my rant.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations! Nice Wheels. Enjoy the car.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:48 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SToronto
Don't mean to hijack thread...but it burns me up when I read stories of people judging younger folks. These days the young ones sometimes have more cash than the old. About 10 years ago, I walked into Maranello BMW on my way home from work. Dressed in business casual but was young at the time, nobody came to help me so asked the receptionist to get me a salesperson. He came to the middle of the showroom, literally 2 feet from me, looked at the receptionist put his hands in the air and said "Where's the customer, I don't see anybody"......Brutal....ended up getting it from Budds.

That's my rant.
A reason I'm not driving an E46M3, or a 996... Bad dealership experiences. Nissan has treated me like royalty for the last 4 years since the day I ordered my GT-R. It has been a great experience. I do not fault an entire car manufacturer, but rather individual dealerships and their respective salesmen (unnecessary folk), along with their owners/managers.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:47 AM
mxp
mxp is infamous around these parts
great car! i drove it shortly before pulling the trigger on my 09 c4s!

doesnt that exhaust sound great???

ps. who did you deal with at pfaff?

Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Tmainevent is infamous around these parts
Your story reminds me of the ad campaign porsche put together...thought I would post it!

Congrats to another p-car owner!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:31 AM
zer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mxp
great car! i drove it shortly before pulling the trigger on my 09 c4s!

doesnt that exhaust sound great???

ps. who did you deal with at pfaff?
Nice car!!!
Yes, LOVE the exhaust upgrade.. very well done! Not too loud, just perfect!
Pfaff - Maurizio Gatto... Definitely call him if you're looking, he was amazing!

Maurizio Gatto - Direct: (905)850-4551 - Cell: (416)898-4133 -
Email: mauriziogatto@pfaffporsche.com

Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 PM
gibbonsc4s has a spectacular aura aboutgibbonsc4s has a spectacular aura about
Great story! I bought at pfaff also and had a similarly great sales guy - when I took delivery and he started going over every single feature I thought I was going to pop an aneurysm - I kept on hinting to just let me drive it... Ah good times!

Enjoy!

Old 02-02-2012, 01:59 PM
p997c is infamous around these partsp997c is infamous around these parts
congrats and enjoy.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:55 AM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Your story was a nice read. Congratulations. Wheels, exterior and interior color combination look awesome! Enjoy!

Old 02-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Congrats, owning a Porsche is a wonderful experience, enjoy it in good health.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:43 AM
zer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gibbonsc4s
Great story! I bought at pfaff also and had a similarly great sales guy - when I took delivery and he started going over every single feature I thought I was going to pop an aneurysm - I kept on hinting to just let me drive it... Ah good times!

Enjoy!
My sales guy was very thorough also --- you're so right. Although I did appreciate the lesson; there are plenty of gadgets and gizmos on this car and I wasn't looking forward to having to read through the owners manuals just to learn the basics of the PCM etc!

Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Congrats, maybe it's a Toronto thing. I went to my dealership in a beat up Toyota Celica (My daily driver - 35MPG!) and test drove the 997 Turbo and C2S, I had the Turbo for about 3 hours then the C2S for about 4. Bought the C2S. They didn't say anything.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by Flipnitized
Congratulations! Hopefully one day I'll have a similar story to tell!
Flipnitized - this is a US car which was imported into Canada a few years back. I found out the car was purchased at Boardwalk Porsche in Plano and just happened to see your location... Which is pretty cool to me because I go down to Round Rock all the time for work (which for those who don't know, is only a couple hrs south of where my dream car was first purchased). Small world!