997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

first Porsche..my dream car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
In the Seattle airport ready to fly to Phx! Getting really excited now :0 keep on dreamin!!!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:22 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
What did you pay for the car?

Old 02-04-2012, 10:02 AM
997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! Looking to purchase my dream car soon as well. Just keep it below the speed limit when driving back!

Old 02-04-2012, 10:36 AM
p's pcar is infamous around these partsp's pcar is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a great trip to get to know your car. Congrats!

Old 02-04-2012, 11:06 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Landed and exiting plane.. Lol. Inching closer. Thx guys!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM
SToronto is infamous around these parts
Have a good time! Very exciting the Porsche and Scottsdale, both are awesome.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:27 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Lookin at tradin up, what did you pay?

Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
It's a thrill and an adventure! Love the sport design wheels!

Old 02-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Ok...! Ok. Wow. Just drove from Scottsdale to Barstow. One particular patch of highway 15 up to i40 was just DELICIOUS. My first time ever to experience this. Oh...my. Need a bit of reflection time now hehe. All I kept thinking was, "I waited WAY too long for this"

Old 02-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Only 2 things: I keep getting a check oil level signal to pull over and check it(which I do) but Im not sure what the graphic means, I mean, it's all white bars so that's full right? Lol. It goes away after I check like that but comes back an hour or three later again, same deal.

Looked at two gas stations for 05-w40 and noone had ever heard of it. Where do we buy this stuff??

Also: my coolant is low. Bought 50:50 split and filling tomorrow on a cold engine in the morning. I have the .03 cap.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:22 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nicoli
Only 2 things: I keep getting a check oil level signal to pull over and check it(which I do) but Im not sure what the graphic means, I mean, it's all white bars so that's full right? Lol. It goes away after I check like that but comes back an hour or three later again, same deal.

Looked at two gas stations for 05-w40 and noone had ever heard of it. Where do we buy this stuff??

Also: my coolant is low. Bought 50:50 split and filling tomorrow on a cold engine in the morning. I have the .03 cap.
I can't be sure, Nicoli, but you're doing the right thing by pulling over and checking when that light goes on. If you're not already home by the time you see this, you might try pulling into the nearest dealer and let them check things. The "check oil" display isn't something to treat lightly.

One thing that can cause that with all the bars lit is having had someone put in too much oil. If you add oil yourself, it's best to consider it's full when you see all the thicker bars lit.

I've never overfilled mine, but I have this memory that the thinner top bar will flash if you do, to emphasize the reason for the "check oil" display. I may be wrong on that though, so don't depend on my memory.

You can get 5-40 Mobil One through Amazon and I suppose dealers sell it also. I have a six-pack that I bought when we brought our 2009 home and I cracked one bottle to add half a quart after a track day. Haven't used any more and it's been two years now.

Gary

Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 AM
How many miles on the odometer when you bought?

Old 02-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !Ken968 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nicoli
Looked at two gas stations for 05-w40 and noone had ever heard of it. Where do we buy this stuff??.

You should be able to buy the Oil locally at an autoparts store, Ie Pepboys, Advance Auto parts etc. You can get it cheaper online but in a pinch these retailers sell it.

Ken

Old 02-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Thank you gentlemen for the info. I'm a thousand plus miles from home in a very high tech performance machine I've only respectfully test driven at a small number of dealerships and the enormity of what has really happened fell upon me last night. I'm one of the few lucky people on the planet to experience a work of art like this. It is an incredible honor.

truly humbled. Can't find a way to upload pics from iPhone here, and wife and I both forgot pocket camera-laptop interface cable (sigh)

Old 02-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Ooops. And it was highway 95 between I-10 and I-40 that was so delicious to drive. Misquoted highway 15 above. Dusk was falling, there were lots of twisties and smaller roller coaster like hills, and it was just.. Absolute bliss. Hoping to take 395 up to tahoe, then over to San francisco and show the wife my old stomping grounds on union street. Then up the coast into Sonoma and eventually the big trees into Oregon and onto home in WA.

Last edited by nicoli; 02-05-2012 at 08:32 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: first Porsche..my dream car.