997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

first Porsche..my dream car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Originally Posted by nicoli
Ooops. And it was highway 95 between I-10 and I-40 that was so delicious to drive. Misquoted highway 15 above. Dusk was falling, there were lots of twisties and smaller roller coaster like hills, and it was just.. Absolute bliss. Hoping to take 395 up to tahoe, then over to San francisco and show the wife my old stomping grounds on union street. Then up the coast into Sonoma and eventually the big trees into Oregon and onto home in WA.

Your making lifetime memories right now. Enjoy every minute of it, don't let anything distract you and savor it. 20 years from now you and your wife will talk and smile about this trip.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Congrats from another WA state 911 guy.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:18 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
congrats...

Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
How many miles are on the car?

Old 02-05-2012, 11:30 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I learned many things from these forums b'4 I bought my 1st Porsche, Aug 2011.
2007 S, 26k miles.
1 owner.
CPO.
$56k.
Lots of option etc...Awesome Car.
I would Only by a CPO.
OR add a warranty.
The Oil Light and Low Coolant would have made me drive right back to the dealer.
Last year I bought a sight unseen, only pics 2000 Vette from a Dealer in N.C.
Flew down, 3 hours after driving away the Low Fuel Lights came on...I had a Full Tank.
Drove back the next day...and had them square it away, OR I wanted my money back!

Can you answer questions...How many miles are on the Car?
The Vette's problems were caused by it being Low Mileage...the sensors were not use to sense-ing...the Dealer fixed it and that was it!

I'm also in the Market for a 2009-2010 4S...you can help me by letting me know what you paid, so I know what the Market is.

That is why we have a Forum, help me.
What did you pay for the 4S?

Old 02-05-2012, 11:54 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Friend, what I paid is strictly my business - the car had 6700 miles. I searched for almost two months, did more than 1 inspection out of pocket, and found a motivated seller who knew I was serious. I considered 08 models too, test drove them and tried to keep in mind the 991 intro and it's market effect( ie b vry careful, don't pay too much)

In the end it came down to figuring the cost of traveling and retrieving or shipping the car also. I up sold myself over an 08 for almost exactly 10k more with same miles but totally different option sets. I feel good about the purchase, but did I get the best deal in the world? Probably not. Can I live with it and am I happy - yea

Old 02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I would not be surprised to find out that the Oil Light thing is/was caused by the car not being driven that much.
Probably after your trip home it will be OK.
Did you or will you have the Oil changed...just for piece of mind?
Porsche Minor Service at 20k miles OR 2 years whichever comes first?
Your at 2 years.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
If your route take you through Portland a stop at RennSport Systems and Steve Weiner to check your oil light wouldn't hurt. Steve is a great and very knowledgeable guy to deal with.

Enjoy the car. I'm on my second PDK car and happy with the technology.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:38 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Very good suggestions and very much appreciated.. Very much. Will do. Not sure about oil change yet, will see after speaking in Portland! We decided to drive up California I-5, and are in Santa Cruz on the coast tonight and check out sf in the morning a bit before we continue. You are right, we will never forget this. Btw she is really bonding with the car too. (yes!!!!) good times. Thanks guys. Oh- and I'm finding the oem nav more useful than Audi's MMI. Adding stopovers and the POI config and search is great, the graphics aren't the best but honestly - the touch screen functionality is fantastic and it's really getting used. Input my personal press for 1/3 of info screen and enjoyed figuring out how to display the controls both on dash and in center console... It's really impressive the more I do with it. It's not foo foo pretty... It's really functional. I salute Porsche.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Btw nicoli don't be offended <not that you were> if someone asks what you paid. Certainly tell them or not it's up to you, but it is a common occurrence to share price info on these boards. It helps others gauge the market which can be a squirrely thing. Enjoy your trip!

Old 02-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Made it home. Rained the entire last day from Ukiah, CA on up. Took 101 and the car was in rails through the mountainous twisty toads in thr rain. Just amazing. Last leg was 13.5 hour stretch (with 2-3 quick breaks) - car was very comfortable. Wow. Just wow. Glad I took the chance and did this. Don't know anthing else.. Just glad can say, we did this. Oil was overfilled but fine, we missed Portland stop but did make a Porsche dealer in north Cali and they said only 1 thing: enjoy. And turn off the cruise control.

Attached Images      

Last edited by nicoli; 02-08-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added pictures - made it home:)