997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

first Porsche..my dream car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 04:56 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up first Porsche..my dream car.

Hi, guys..long time lurker here. Really appreciate what makes this forum so amazing and the people in it (not to mention the CARS hehe).

My dream of Porsche ownership is finally a reality. After a while searching, reading, thinking, test-driving, more than one PPI paid for, and all the rest - you know exactly what I mean..I tried to use the advice I found here and elsewhere to find the right car for me.

I found this beauty on Ebay Motors, at an Audi dealership in Scottsdale, AZ. I still have not seen the car in person, but everything checks out. The purchase has been made and the wife and I fly to pick up our 2009 C4S Cabrio (PDK, black/black std interior, std seats) tomorrow morning. I would love leather and sport seats, but everything else was right about the car, and most importantly, it just feels right, and this is the way it was supposed to be, somehow.

We'll be driving it home to WA state, and hope to take some pictures of the car and the scenery along the way. If anyone knows of a good route to take from the Phoenix/Scottsdale area driving towards the Pacific Northwest, please let me know We are both very excited. See you all around the forum..and thanks for the knowledge and passion for these cars you all share with us newbies so freely.

Attached Images    
Old 02-03-2012, 05:02 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Congrats and enjoy your way home (take pictures, u'll always enjoy looking back)

Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
CONGRATS!!!!!!

We have the same car! I bought my 09 C4S 2 months ago with almost the same mileage. Is yours PDK or manual? A couple things about the car I have discovered over the last few months..

-Check the anti-freeze level before you take off and make sure it is at or above the "minimum" level while the engine is cold. It's the white bottle with blue cap in back left of engine area. The caps on the 09's were pretty much defective and would let some slow leakage occur. It is a warranty item and takes all of 10 seconds to replace. The new caps look the same but end in "04" and don't leak. I read the boards, checked mine and sure enough needed the new cap and a few cups of antifreeze. The only reason I mention it is you are driving a long distance home.

-The C4S sticks like glue. I mean I hate to overstate it, but you feel like a hero turning in these things. Any butt slide is short lived with the 4. As I have stated several times, you can take corners so fast you feel like you are going to fly out the top before the car breaks loose. Moral? Wear your seat belt lol.

-Is your car CPO'ed?

Old 02-03-2012, 05:26 PM
onewinwon is infamous around these parts
Congrats! The drive home will be a wonderful experience for you and your wife. I am excited for you.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new car, looks good.

Enjoy the drive!

Old 02-03-2012, 05:31 PM
itspol is infamous around these parts
Congrats

Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Katera
CONGRATS!!!!!!

We have the same car! I bought my 09 C4S 2 months ago with almost the same mileage. Is yours PDK or manual? A couple things about the car I have discovered over the last few months..

-Check the anti-freeze level before you take off and make sure it is at or above the "minimum" level while the engine is cold. It's the white bottle with blue cap in back left of engine area. The caps on the 09's were pretty much defective and would let some slow leakage occur. It is a warranty item and takes all of 10 seconds to replace. The new caps look the same but end in "04" and don't leak. I read the boards, checked mine and sure enough needed the new cap and a few cups of antifreeze. The only reason I mention it is you are driving a long distance home.

-The C4S sticks like glue. I mean I hate to overstate it, but you feel like a hero turning in these things. Any butt slide is short lived with the 4. As I have stated several times, you can take corners so fast you feel like you are going to fly out the top before the car breaks loose. Moral? Wear your seat belt lol.

-Is your car CPO'ed?
Thanks everyone - and wow Katera, I have to say that following your posts helped tremendously on making a choice I can live with, both in my head and in my heart!

Great tips and will do. It is a PDK and not CPO'd - I had the car inspected with detailed photographs taken of the undercarriage, exterior, interior, paint-meter etc, but not by the Scottsdale Porsche dealership - they wouldn't do a PPI. It has the remaining factory warranty and I'll have it gone over again by the local Porsche shop (here in WA state) asap.

One thing that made me feel better was that the salesman had forgotten about the wind-deflector (I asked about all the kit of the car, both keys, all the books, and he has everything original on the car as it was sold new) -- the customer who traded in the car had the windscreen and is local, and brought the windscreen in. Not someone who dropped off the car and disappeared.

Last edited by nicoli; 02-03-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added some stuff hehe
Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Great news...all the. Best with the car and the ride back

Old 02-03-2012, 06:15 PM
zer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the roughzer0-60 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats, enjoy the ride home! I've been dreaming of buying a 911 since I was 12 years old, finally turned that into reality a couple of weeks ago (and only a week after I sat in my first 911, ever)! It's a pretty amazing feeling, and doesn't seem to be disappearing!

Last edited by zer0-60; 02-03-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Looks really good!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Pack Light :-)

Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
well guys, your cars are all so drop-dead gorgeous...its just so much fun to look at the profile car shots. Thanks really. Amazing stuff.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 PM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
congrats. Has an 09 C2S cabrio. PDK. Its a nice car. enjoy

Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
What did you pay$??

Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Dreams do come true

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: first Porsche..my dream car.