997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

removed old rear badge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Atomic is infamous around these parts
removed old rear badge

I removed my old rear badge and re-installed just the GTS part. a little double sided tape and back on.

Last edited by Atomic; 02-06-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice job, and great call not taking it to the dealer to have them do it. Believe me.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:58 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Much nicer looks good just the GTS

Old 02-04-2012, 05:47 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Looks good...nice idea!

Old 02-04-2012, 06:07 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
I like it too. Much cleaner & refined.

99% of car folks will know it's a Porsche Carrera w/o having to be told. The GTS lettering is just enough. Maybe that's why I don't like the PORSCHE lettering on the new 991 deck. The shape of a Porsche tells it all; no need to spell it out.

In this instance 'Less is More'!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks! I ordered new emblems but had to order the whole thing "Carrera GTS", still waiting on that to come in. I decided to remove the old one a little early before new one came in, then after checking it out decided to break out the double sided tape and put the GTS back on. Guess I will have the new one as a spare once it hits the door.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Cleaner. Nice.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Domer911
Nice job, and great call not taking it to the dealer to have them do it. Believe me.
did you take yours to the dealership?

Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Looks good.

I've considered it myself because I'm not too hot on the amount of lettering on the rear right now. Only reasons why I haven't done it is because 1) I do like the door decals matching the rear badging and 2) I prefer the word 'Carrera' than 'GTS' (but won't leave 'Carrera' only on the rear.

So, the indecisiveness is why mine still shows 'Carrera GTS'

But you've got me thinking...

Old 02-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Looks good.

I've considered it myself because I'm not too hot on the amount of lettering on the rear right now. Only reasons why I haven't done it is because 1) I do like the door decals matching the rear badging and 2) I prefer the word 'Carrera' than 'GTS' (but won't leave 'Carrera' only on the rear.

So, the indecisiveness is why mine still shows 'Carrera GTS'

But you've got me thinking...
That is a thought! maybe I should change the door decals to read just GTS also.
hadn't thought about making them match.....

Old 02-05-2012, 10:03 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Atomic
That is a thought! maybe I should change the door decals to read just GTS also.
hadn't thought about making them match.....
UGH...now you've REALLY given me an idea that might not go away. Only having GTS on the doors might look a little better as well...more minimalist.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Did I just type: MORE MINIMALIST???

Sort of like saying 'Jumbo Shrimp"...

But you probably get what I'm trying to say.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
poker2009 is infamous around these parts
awesome

Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Did I just type: MORE MINIMALIST???

Sort of like saying 'Jumbo Shrimp"...

But you probably get what I'm trying to say.
Yep

Will be going to the local fast signs place monday, get a few sets of the GTS done up.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Atomic
Yep

Will be going to the local fast signs place monday, get a few sets of the GTS done up.
Good idea. I know you can order a full set from dealer as well, think they're about $50. I thought Suncoast used to have them on the site, but can't find them now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: removed old rear badge