997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 997 brothers our cars might been in for a beating.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slicky rick
well yes been in a gt3 too. maybe i meant that it can equal a 997 gt3. i guess i was overwhelmed by the fact that this basic carrera is as bad as a gt3 on the track. it says a lot about the car. we are comparing a non gt to a gt car of the previous gen. i think that is an achievement, i would not be surprised if the next base gt3 will be faster than the 4.0 gt3rs
When I bought my 997.1C2S, I was comparing it to the specs of a 996 GT3, and thought that on paper that they were virtually identical in numbers....with the same level of driver, there wasn't a hope in hell for me to keep up to a 996 GT3. I would imaging that the same thing applies here.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
I want a 991. I want one bad. It will be a few years for me. They are way too expensive.

Last edited by BSB911TT; 02-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Its meaningless unless you make it meaningful to you.

If you take your car to the track, you should always be driving against yourself and your own performance. It doesn't mater what car you drive.

If you are in an official race, thats different, and thats not what we talk about here.

I assume lots of cars and certainly later generations of my own car would be better than mine in performance terms. Its progress. But that doesn't change the way I feel about my own car or the enjoyment I get out of driving it.

And it doesn't change my own desire to improve my performance with that same piece of equipment going forward. I feel no need to upgrade to the latest model.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
with the same level of driver, there wasn't a hope in hell for me to keep up to a 996 GT3. I would imaging that the same thing applies here.
You are not alone in using that logic. I went down a similar misguided path.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
with the cost of the 991 optioned out I don't see a lot of 991 owners tracking their car anytime soon. I could be wrong, though.