997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

1 991....2 american Muscle!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:43 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
wtf

I am troll now, thought I was a ricer, Porsche hater that didn't own a Porsche, or a zit faced kid? Come on, give it up....

squawt I tried to not get baited by your antagonizing, insulting and garbled posts but here I admit you roped me in....... Your posts come across as if you have issues from the past... maybe you were bullied by the fart can car groups years back as you seem to reference them a lot?........ You also make it sound as if when you owned a BMW it was a low time in your life noting "your bmw days"....(BMW makes some great cars). Now you own a Porsche it seems ....that's great! We get it, you found your holy phucking grail in your 997.... congrats....a real special relationship you seem to have in your car. You made to many off based assumptions about me, what I own and don't own, assumptions on my views and the type of car guy I am.... settle the ***** down buddy... seriously. No one bashing Porsche here, if getting overly defensive if something you do when you read about other car makers producing some amazing cars then don't follow this thread.... look at my posts over the years, over 1000, decent rep points, early posts discussing install to models on what child car seats work in the 997, mods I went through and reported back on etc... Based on your posts not sure if your a passion Porsche owner or one of those porsche owning *******s that make the brand look bad.... like to think your a passionate guy that just really loves P-cars, although you need to settle down a bit with some of the insult post bashing.
enough..... and please try to not cherry pick one line from my reply and wear it as badge of owner with another heated reply...

PS Trolls (juvy term) refers to owners of one brand antagonizing another brand they don't own.... again I own a 997, enjoy it and really appreciate the brand.... furthest things from a Troll here .....

The old line ups of the GTR and the 997 were great to see but old and stale.. ...eager to see some new auto shoot out's filled with a half a dozen cars in the same performance catagory from Chevy's to Fords to Porsches to Lotus to Nissans (GTR) and Dodges (viper)... some will do better then others in certain categories whether its value to performance or finish materials and sure even luggage space will be mentioned....it is an exciting time to be an auto enthusiast these days....

Originally Posted by Squat
I dont think he is bashing porsche. I just think he took the time to point out you can buy a faster number car for less money NEWS FLASH: SKY IS IN FACT BLUE, then he likes the idea of that car lighting up a more $$$ car. Maybe I'm jaded, with the ricers that ran to BMW forums 10 years ago to scream and howl the glory of their SRt4 neon beating that vaunted m3. Or the mazda factory guy with an M3 at home telling everyone over and over how terrible M3s were on the track compared to the LS1 etc. Is the point someone overpaid? Do we REALLY care that a GT3 lost on the track? My instructor was in his miata and stuck to the tail of a z06. Does that make the Miata a better track car or the driver? So comparing tracks results to "streetablility " is just amusing and a direct attempt to goad the community into taking offense. Its basically trolling.
Yeah lets start a thread " wow the american muscle cars( apples) are more powerful and faster than a 991 Porsche ( oranges) and by default faster than all 997s..... What do you all think about that.... not that I am trying to start something so dont think that, but I really think the coolest point is that a kid in an apple smoked the 50 yo CEO in his 991 orange"

That is trolling. I dont care what car you own. And if my goal is to smoke you from a stop ( porsche AND the american power), I buy a c5 and go insane. On the track I buy an elise and the pickup to tow it with and I still have 10-20k left for expenses.

So the point is trolling. Trying to get the community of porsche owners to get up in arms about Ford making a car that might be faster. Which you can have 800hp to the wheels for 100k Buy a GT500 and send it off. If thats not trolling, then call it what you want so we have a new word FOR trolling. Trolling is getting old as it is so lets let Mick pick the new word.

Last edited by mickfluff; 02-10-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
I don't see FOUR Miatas' on every corner like I do Mustangs/Cameros. I love the little Miata and prob would of owned one a few years ago if I could fit, unfortunately I look like a giraffe in one. My chin is in line with the roof top LOL. Yet another reason I love my 911. It fits me.

Still when I see an old guy stuffed into a Miata I give him the thumbs up, mostly for folding himself into it, but also because it's a cool little car.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:40 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
From 1963 to 1999 I owned 5 Corvettes. The 63 I bought new out of College and drove it for 15 years.
In 1999 after driving my wife's Mazda RX7 I decided that the 87 Corvette I had was not much fun due to it's 40 foot turning radius. I read all the magazines and was going to get a BMW M roadster. After I drove it I was back to get another Corvette. I thought about getting a Mazda Miata and putting a Ford V8 in it. Nah it would ruin everything that was great about the car. My wife said why don't you try a Porsche they keep sending you VCR tapes and brochures.
Now I was pretty much a Porsche hater at this point. Well when I drove the 996 cab it was what I was looking for. Lots of power and fun and nimble to drive. I missed the low end torque of the big V8 but the trade off was worth it.
My new 997 is just as great and better in the low end torque. There is more to a Sports Car than numbers in a Mag. If you want to smoke tires and muscle a muscle car around then get one of those. But for me, there now is no substitute.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:56 PM
landsteam is infamous around these parts
I also have a 2011 GT500 it only has 550hp. The traction is so limited that the rear tires can spin in 3rd gear going 70mph if you floor it. It's a very different car then the P-car but it is also fun to drive.