997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Well.... It finally happened.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
lenelsa is infamous around these parts
Got my car back yesterday from Rusnak Porsche.
A new Crate motor was put in.
Just want to say that Brian Lewey and Scott Rosenblum are without a doubt THE best people to deal with at Porsche .
As long as I have a Porsche and as long as they are there, I will only deal with them.

Lets hope I don't have to see them for a while .... : )

Old 02-29-2012, 09:31 AM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lenelsa
Just want to say that Brian Lewey and Scott Rosenblum are without a doubt THE best people to deal with at Porsche .
As long as I have a Porsche and as long as they are there, I will only deal with them.

Glad to hear you got it resolved and are back up and running.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ken968
My car has a Fidelity warranty for a few more years but my plan is to get the IMS gaurdian. http://www.flat6innovations.com/ims-guardian-home
I figure if this thing catches the IMS bearing as soon as it starts to go, I can park the car and just replace the bearing before it detonates the engine.

I spoke with the company that makes them and they said that sometime around April they plan to release an new model with a button different than the current 996 switch they use. After I see this new model I will decide if the new switch is closer to a stock 997 or I will purchase one and figure out how to change the switch to a factory 997 switch. Just another option for those worried about IMS failure.

Ken
Ken,

Have you mounted this in your car yet? I'm curious how this looks like and if you do it yourself.

Thanks,
Greg

Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor
HouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really niceHouseAutomotive is just really nice
Thumbs up

Scott and Brian are great! They take care of business!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
ACRB is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=lenelsa;3470566]Got my car back yesterday from Rusnak Porsche.

Those Rusnak guys are terrific- another one in the service department that’s highly knowledgeable is Mike.

So with this new motor, what happens with the odometer - is it reset, and how would it impact the resale of your car? Also, is there a remote chance it could happen again in time with this motor?

Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
mjb2448 is infamous around these parts
Mucho relief on the new motor ...but what about the IMS, did you replace with Flat 6 upgrade or how about the IMS Guardian as backup ?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
^^ I'd be curious to see if the ECU has the overrevs reset back to 0 for all ranges, since this is a different motor. Or, would any overevs from the previous motor still be present if one were to do a scan of the DME?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:57 PM
steakfat is infamous around these parts
i must have missed it, but is this rusnak westlake or pasadena?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:41 PM
lenelsa is infamous around these parts
Rusnak Pasdena
Odometer is not reset.

I have all the paperwork and noted that engine was replaced at 46K miles.
It is a new 997.1 engine with all the upgrades which includes Upgraded IMS.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 PM
ng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the rough
Rusnak Pasdena
Odometer is not reset.

I have all the paperwork and noted that engine was replaced at 46K miles.
It is a new 997.1 engine with all the upgrades which includes Upgraded IMS.
I also have had a motor replaced. Not due to IMS failure. Not only is the odometer not reset but the DME remains the same also. I got the print out of the DME also which shows the total hours on the previous motor with the over revs to that point at the time of replacement.