997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sub $2000 wheel battle: Forgestar F14 vs Ruger Mesh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
I am glad you are talking about these as they are our number one 1 piece forged wheel right now for BMW, Audi and Mercedes vehicles. They are very well priced for a set of 19s, unfortunately they have not engineered the forgings for Porsches yet.

They are however coming out with a Porsche specific wheel by this summer, I won't spoil the surprise but this should really please all Porsche owners !

The 19s are under 20 lbs and coupled with the high offset applications of Porsches, they will remain very light!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-24-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: not in open forum
Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 PM
997S.Aero is infamous around these parts
Hi

I just sent you an email.

Thanks

Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
I believe we just answered you!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:25 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
pls PM me when they came out with wheels

pls PM me pricing when they came out with these wheels for NB!

Originally Posted by CampioniShop1
I am glad you are talking about these as they are our number one 1 piece forged wheel right now for BMW, Audi and Mercedes vehicles. They are very well priced for a set of 19s, unfortunately they have not engineered the forgings for Porsches yet.

They are however coming out with a Porsche specific wheel by this summer, I won't spoil the surprise but this should really please all Porsche owners !

The 19s are under 20 lbs and coupled with the high offset applications of Porsches, they will remain very light!

Old 02-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Karl B is infamous around these parts
I have the Ruger mesh, in bright silver, and I get more complements on those wheels than any other thing I have done to my car. People love them, and they look great on my Basalt Black car. My only complaint is that the whole for the wheel bolt is very narrow and if you are not careful you scratch the wheel with the supplied socket. I would get the tuner lug bolts with the interior allen key which would solve the problem. I have put about 10,000 miles on them and I live in NY with lots of crapy roads, they are still straight and true.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
pls PM me pricing when they came out with these wheels for NB!
You got it.

Originally Posted by Karl B
I have the Ruger mesh, in bright silver, and I get more complements on those wheels than any other thing I have done to my car. People love them, and they look great on my Basalt Black car. My only complaint is that the whole for the wheel bolt is very narrow and if you are not careful you scratch the wheel with the supplied socket. I would get the tuner lug bolts with the interior allen key which would solve the problem. I have put about 10,000 miles on them and I live in NY with lots of crapy roads, they are still straight and true.
Good to see these are passing the "NY street" tests!

Old 02-28-2012, 11:30 AM
equ
equ is infamous around these parts

New York roads...

Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Matt really deliberating on the ruger mesh design for my c2s but come to the conclusion that the offsets are a bit too aggressive for my taste. Something closer to 50 front and 60 rears are more to my liking. I currently have 7 mm spacers on my original carrera 2 wheels and absolutely lovve the way the stand in the body....i hope you can give me options

Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Have you seen the pictures of the Ruger's offset for narrow bodies? not that aggressive... pretty flush with the fender...

Old 02-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Matt really deliberating on the ruger mesh design for my c2s but come to the conclusion that the offsets are a bit too aggressive for my taste. Something closer to 50 front and 60 rears are more to my liking. I currently have 7 mm spacers on my original carrera 2 wheels and absolutely lovve the way the stand in the body....i hope you can give me options
The ideal setup is a +45 upfront and a +52 at the rear. The offsets you spec'ed would be only available with gravity cast replica wheels, and there's absolutely no way I am recommending these for a Porsche. You could also get these offsets on a 3 piece forged wheel

I have attached pictures on a 997 with the above offsets, fitment is also about running the proper tire, a 295 or 305 will fit perfectly!

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Have you seen the pictures of the Ruger's offset for narrow bodies? not that aggressive... pretty flush with the fender...
+1

Here are pictures:

Ruger Classics:

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-28-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: NO PRICING MEANS NO PRICING
Old 03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
The Ruger Mesh is also available in 20" fitments!

Here is the first set on the 991 Carerra S

20x8.5 +45 245/35/20
20x11 +55 295/30/20

Ruger Mesh

Contact me at 714.582.3330 x8005 if you are interested!

Best Regards,
Jason@ModBargains.com

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 03-05-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
deijmaster is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ynot
Forgestar looks better IMO.
Go for the forgestar.

+1

Old 03-05-2012, 03:48 PM
deijmaster is infamous around these parts
ouf those classics look good!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
Few more pics!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:57 AM
GaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really niceGaFFLe is just really nice
Originally Posted by Karl B
Can anyone help me with this?

I have Ruger deep dish wheels (as seen in my avatar) and I cannot get an H&R 15mm wheel spacer on my rear wheels due to the Ruger lugs not being long enough. The lug hole openings are very narrow and the factory Ruger lug not is not long enough. Do they make longer shank Ruger lug bolts or where and what size 'tuner' bolts would I need? Whatever I replace them with needs to be able to accommodate that small Ruger bolt opening.

Thanx!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sub $2000 wheel battle: Forgestar F14 vs Ruger Mesh