997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sub $2000 wheel battle: Forgestar F14 vs Ruger Mesh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Austex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud of
Just to throw this in, 3w distributing is having a sale until the end of April. I was quoted $1399 shipped for the ruger mesh in hyper silver with the lugs and caps.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
these are from another thread, but just to keep them here too...

Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Austex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud ofAustex911 has much to be proud of
I'm thinking about getting a set of Ruger Mesh as well. Maybe if we both decide to buy from 3W distributing we can get a combo deal for less than $1399 shipped.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I was impressed with the ruger mesh. My local ferrari dealership mounting my tires confused them with HRE's! hahahahahahaha! I still love the HRE P40's in texture charcoal but these one would do it for now...

Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !

Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Boosted Josh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE

LOL! The Rugers are nice!

But the HRE's are....Legend....wait for it....ary

Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 AM

OMG!!!!!! you made me spill my redbull!

Is like everytime I say "HRE" you appear!

I admired HRE's for the longest time and REALLY love the P40's (a lot) who knows, these may help with the transition eventually to the real deal!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
OMG!!!!!! you made me spill my redbull!

Is like everytime I say "HRE" you appear!

I admired HRE's for the longest time and REALLY love the P40's (a lot) who knows, these may help with the transition eventually to the real deal!
why I added the smilie face.

But we might have something for the wallet friendly coming late summer.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I love the .gif!!!!

please keep us posted!

joel

Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !

Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Wow this i will wait for. An hre p40 sale for 2k a set! I will be first in line Lon

Old 04-26-2012, 01:13 PM
mmmazing is infamous around these parts
I have a 2011 4S with 5mm OEM spacers and CS II wheels black, lover Ruger mesh look in black. Will I need to remove my spacers in order to put them on or can I still have spacers.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
You don't have to remove the spacers but the fitment may end being aggressive...

Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CampioniShop1
I am glad you are talking about these as they are our number one 1 piece forged wheel right now for BMW, Audi and Mercedes vehicles. They are very well priced for a set of 19s, unfortunately they have not engineered the forgings for Porsches yet.

They are however coming out with a Porsche specific wheel by this summer, I won't spoil the surprise but this should really please all Porsche owners !

The 19s are under 20 lbs and coupled with the high offset applications of Porsches, they will remain very light!

Can you please quote me for a set for a 2007 C4S widebody shipped to zip 92694? I als want the gun mental finish like Joel did.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
After not seeing my car for a month, went on a much needed break, and seeing joels beautiful car with those beautiful wheels, i realized that having aggressive rear offset wheels emphasizes that gap between rear fender and the tires making the car look higher. This makes us feel that we need to lower the rear a bit. I think the aggressive offset and spacers affect our cars stance more than we understand and more than has just aesthetic effect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sub $2000 wheel battle: Forgestar F14 vs Ruger Mesh