997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sub $2000 wheel battle: Forgestar F14 vs Ruger Mesh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 01:31 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Looking at my car from. The side it seems that the gap is lower i am assuming that both cars have the stock suspension setup. Having the tires not too flush with the fenders hides that gap a bit.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jabed92694
Can you please quote me for a set for a 2007 C4S widebody shipped to zip 92694? I als want the gun mental finish like Joel did.
Jon - your PM was answered!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:20 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Looking at my car from. The side it seems that the gap is lower i am assuming that both cars have the stock suspension setup. Having the tires not too flush with the fenders hides that gap a bit.
It's the angle of the photographs. see this picture:

the gap is not that bad. I still need a 1.2" drop and I will be happy.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
What color is this 991?

Originally Posted by ModBargains.com
Few more pics!

Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
The ruger will always be a favorite. If only i could fet the offset i like i will jump on these wheels

Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
Roderick's RW-5 in 19s is a great option as well - classic 5 split spoke design in concave profile.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
any 997.1 turbo fitment?(ruger mesh)

Old 05-14-2012, 12:06 AM
erikig is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
But we might have something for the wallet friendly coming late summer.
Summer is coming, we await in anxious expectation!

Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 AM
Equinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to beholdEquinox is a splendid one to behold
Surprised noone has mentioned the Victor Equipment Innsbruck

Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 PM
jeadec is infamous around these parts
Cool

Originally Posted by Karl B
I have the Ruger mesh, in bright silver, and I get more complements on those wheels than any other thing I have done to my car. People love them, and they look great on my Basalt Black car. My only complaint is that the whole for the wheel bolt is very narrow and if you are not careful you scratch the wheel with the supplied socket. I would get the tuner lug bolts with the interior allen key which would solve the problem. I have put about 10,000 miles on them and I live in NY with lots of crapy roads, they are still straight and true.
I just purchased the 20' Ruger Mesh for my Cayenne 2011. They look fantastic but I have to agree with your comment regarding the narrow hole for the wheel bolt. In fact, the "spline" - as they call it - cracked after 12 bolts and I'm stuck with an unfinished car until they send me replacement hardware. Nobody seems to know how this hardware does not cope with my manual torque wrench (118 lbs, as per Porsche manual). It did in fact scratch a couple of holes but I'm sure this can be touched up. QUESTION: where would I get best advice regarding TUNER LUG BOLTS with the interior allen key - to fit the Cayenne and this particular wheel? Thanks.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
If you have 2 grand, you could get something that is actually JWL/VIA tested and also TUV approved:

OZ Ultraleggera HLT

These are priced right at the 2K mark. Very light flow formed cast construction.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:49 AM
kerlow66 has a spectacular aura aboutkerlow66 has a spectacular aura aboutkerlow66 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jeadec
I just purchased the 20' Ruger Mesh for my Cayenne 2011. They look fantastic but I have to agree with your comment regarding the narrow hole for the wheel bolt. In fact, the "spline" - as they call it - cracked after 12 bolts and I'm stuck with an unfinished car until they send me replacement hardware. Nobody seems to know how this hardware does not cope with my manual torque wrench (118 lbs, as per Porsche manual). It did in fact scratch a couple of holes but I'm sure this can be touched up. QUESTION: where would I get best advice regarding TUNER LUG BOLTS with the interior allen key - to fit the Cayenne and this particular wheel? Thanks.
Wheel dynamics has the tuner bolts, was in the same dilemma couple weeks ago.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Kashif Mian is infamous around these parts
Really like the rear wing... which brand is it?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Can you post some info on the roderick? I know this thread is old

Old 05-20-2014, 02:20 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to dig up an old thread..... I'm thinking of getting the ForgeStar F14, and was wondering for people who have the F14 for narrow body 997, which offset did you go with?

Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sub $2000 wheel battle: Forgestar F14 vs Ruger Mesh