997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sealed the deal and joined the 997 family do we wave to boxsters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:26 AM
CHIrosche is infamous around these parts
Sealed the deal and joined the 997 family do we wave to boxsters

I just bit the bullet and I am picking up a 2006 c2s cabriolet in silver with black interior . It is a cpo car for two full years and has 38k miles on it. I have dreamed of this moment a long time. What a surreal gut wrenching feeling. Just kidding about the boxsters, I am so happy I will be having a 997.1 that I will wave to everyone.
Do I need to worry about a dme report on a CPO vehicle.. They said I could have parts at cost from the parts desk. Any inexpensive items worth picking up? Is the softronic ecu upgrade worth it on a stock c2s?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Had a 997.2T nearly run me off the road the other day getting a look at my 914, then gave a very polite honk and wave. Felt great. I will wave to all.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 AM
CHIrosche is infamous around these parts
Yeah but 914 are way cooler then boxsters... But all in all I am really just kidding .. Boxsters look like tons of fun.. But they are a little like the Vespa of sports cars.. Really fun to ride till your friends see you

Old 02-24-2012, 08:45 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Softronic was great for the needs I had, but for a stock car, don't bother.

As for the parts, not sure what you need. Is this offer at the time of delivery, or are they allowing you to live with it for a few months to figure out what you need?

Old 02-24-2012, 11:05 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Just put Ryan at Suncoast Porsche on your speed dial (I have him) his prices are lower than anybody in the US...

Old 02-24-2012, 11:06 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and enjoy

Old 02-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Docofthebay is infamous around these parts
Congratulations! Welcome to the family
Proper protocol is to wave at all other Porsches.
Pay attention to motorcyclists and notice that they always give "the wave" with their left hand to all other motorcyclists regardless of brand. We should give the wave to other Porsches regardless of type.
Now wanna be bimmers and such......
Just kidding, I have a BWW too

Old 02-24-2012, 12:35 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
A Vette driver waved to me recently - a true car guy.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
VUCommodores is infamous around these parts
Get some clear signal indicators if it doesn't have them already. It's a "necessity" on every car IMO but especially on silver.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Just put Ryan at Suncoast Porsche on your speed dial (I have him) his prices are lower than anybody in the US...
Nope Sonnen Porsche under selling oem parts in the Vendor section is significantly cheaper. One part I paid under $10.00 for from Sonnen, Suncoast wanted full list at $15.00.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Vette's are cool too.

I drove Corvette's for 35 Years. I still wave at them.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Atomic is infamous around these parts
Congrats! & Welcome!! don't forget to post some pics!

Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Wife has an 05 Boxster so I wave at her. Mostly I do the head nod acknowledgement to other P-cars and they return in kind. I encourage you to join the PCA ,your local club and subscribe to Excellence magazine.

Have a Porsche club gathering in Issaquah today at noon. Little threat of lowland snow, but going anyway. Still have the winter Pirellis on.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:47 AM
RickB is infamous around these parts
Congratulations on getting yourself that Porsche!!! As for Boxsters? They're part of the family too. Being a car guy myself, I wave at ANY cool car I see, regardless of who makes it.

As far as the Softronic upgrade, I did it to my '05 C2S and absolutely love the results. To each his own though, I would suggest some research before pulling the trigger. You may even want to give Dan a call at VividRacing.com for a little insight. This is my review post upgrade:

http://www.softronictuning.com/clien...great-reviews/

Best of luck and welcome!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats on the purchase!! I have an 07 C4S and I just flashed my ECU from Softronics. After driving the car a few miles the car changed and you can really feel the difference with the upgrade. I spoke to Softronics at length about the flash and other upgrades. Great company and great support. I highly recommend the flash. The low end torque was greatly improved as well as smoother hp across the range.

My next upgrade is exhaust. Softronics recommended an exhaust however when looking at what they offer and comparing to Fabspeed, I'm going with Fabspeed because of the lower weight of system and higher HP gains.

The great thing about Softronic is that you don't have to reflash the car when you add more upgrades. I also have a Fabspeed Cold Air Intake the the sound in the 4k and up range of the RPM is awesome!!!

Check those options out!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sealed the deal and joined the 997 family do we wave to boxsters