997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

C4S cab vs GTS cab?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
tough choice! good luck with whatever you decide

Old 03-04-2012, 10:12 AM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by borderless
I actually like the Turbo II wheels better than the RS Spyder wheels on the GTS. If the GTS wheels where silver I'd like them more.

I would want to do the exhaust on the C4S - I haven't heard the exhaust on the GTS but assume it's better than standard.
I have a GTS Cab (awesome car). I would go GTS all the way. Assuming it has PSE the simple thing to do is sharkwerks center muffler delete and the exhaust will be amazing.

If you like silver wheels look at HRE or GMG after market options they are pretty darn nice.

Good luck.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
I would go GTS all the way. They are special cars and the extra power is nice. It's good to have these problems!

Old 03-04-2012, 01:43 PM
borderless is infamous around these parts
Champion RS20/MM20 vs HRE CL40?

Not to get too far ahead of myself but if I go with the GTS, what are your thoughts on wheels. I like the look of the RS20/MM20 from Champion. They look very similar to the HRE CL40's.

What are your thoughts on the pros/cons of each? Cost? Performance/weight? Looks?

Also what about color? I don't think I would go with black wheels but I would look at charcoal grey.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by borderless
Not to get too far ahead of myself but if I go with the GTS, what are your thoughts on wheels. I like the look of the RS20/MM20 from Champion. They look very similar to the HRE CL40's.

What are your thoughts on the pros/cons of each? Cost? Performance/weight? Looks?

Also what about color? I don't think I would go with black wheels but I would look at charcoal grey.
Call me crazy but I like the 'standard' GTS center lock wheel. Porsche wheels 'typically' are lighter then run of mill aftermarket wheels. I think the much aligned 'Lobster' wheel is still one of the lightest out there.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
onedae is infamous around these parts
well I guess I am the contrartian here - I would go for the C4S. I've driven both and don't find the GTS significantly quicker - especially in sport mode. I also prefer the feel of the all wheel drive. And even though the center lock wheels are lighter, they are a major pain to get on and off without the proper tool. If you remove the center muffler and install one of the aftermarket crossover pipes, your exhaust sound is pretty close the OEM sport exhaust.
As to your specific cars the C4S has significantly less miles and that is worth something. I also think you will be able to negotiate a better deal on the C4S.
Drive them both and see which one puts a bigger smile on your face.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
Lug wheels are also hard to remove without the proper tool.

Originally Posted by onedae
well I guess I am the contrartian here - I would go for the C4S. I've driven both and don't find the GTS significantly quicker - especially in sport mode. I also prefer the feel of the all wheel drive. And even though the center lock wheels are lighter, they are a major pain to get on and off without the proper tool. If you remove the center muffler and install one of the aftermarket crossover pipes, your exhaust sound is pretty close the OEM sport exhaust.
As to your specific cars the C4S has significantly less miles and that is worth something. I also think you will be able to negotiate a better deal on the C4S.
Drive them both and see which one puts a bigger smile on your face.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I'm partial to the GTS. The wheels on the GTS could be stripped and powder coated in the color of your choice.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:56 AM
PBR ME is infamous around these partsPBR ME is infamous around these parts
GTS all the way.

I have a C4GTS, and have had (do have) 2wd 911s as well... I disagree with the "more planted in the corners" comments regarding the C4s....I think the constant shifting of the diffs makes the 4wd cars sketchy at best at the limit in corners! That said, I drive mine in the snow, and the thing is a BEAST!

Old 03-07-2012, 04:26 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
I vote for the GTS. Both nice cars but the GTS is more special. Make sure you get a PPI even if has CPO.