997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

having just changed the oil for the 1st time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:29 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
having just changed the oil for the 1st time

couple of things, any one notice (of course you have) that the oil inlet pipe lifts out of its notch to make oil fill easier, and the other thing, not having driven the car much yet and living in the clouds...humid all the time, though not hot, i noticed condensation in the filler cap and a bit of the dreaded whitish residue that screams head gasket! oil in water, but should i worry as the car hasn't been driven enough to cook out the condensation...am i right about this or do i need to get to the dealer monday morning...the original warranty, 4 years from in service date, is on march 6th, tuesday, if i'm not mistaken, think i will go in anyway and say hi, i am looking for anything that warranty might be good for at this point, but she's perfect (i think/hope, better not jinx it, time to take me for a ride....see ya, looking forward to responses about the condenstion, and tia

Old 03-03-2012, 08:31 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
oops, just noticed in the diy

for oil change, ksdprasad is holding up the oil filler hose...

Old 03-03-2012, 09:37 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Interesting, my cpo 07s, bought 6 months ago. I have the whitish stuff also. 10k miles in 6 months, noticed that since the first day?
Sometimes this board annoys me with our worries... Better safe than sorry.
Anybody, thoughts?

Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I also use to notice it in my volvo turbo, for 200k miles, and no issues.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
My thoughts are simple. I let my dealership handle my oil changes and testing. They can let me know if there is any issue. Not enough time on this planet for me to spend hours doing what I can have done relatively quickly at the dealership. You're right, too many worry too much about too little instead of driving the car.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:41 AM
i'm going to go with condensation mixing with oil around the cap, no biggie

Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
You get this scuzz when the car is driven mainly short distances and the oil does not get hot enough to boil out the water that you see pouring out the tailpipe on a cold start (condensation). You should get the motor to full operating temp (200+ on the oil ) and drive it there for 20 or so minutes regularly to avoid oil contamination. This is one of the reasons why low milage is not always a great indicator of condition. What you are describing will not damage the car per se but it is an indication that you need to modify your driving schedule. Take the long way home more often. Your car will love you for it.