997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

no start after stalling at a light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:52 PM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
no start after stalling at a light

this is a new one, anybody else? turn the key and nothing, after about 10 seconds, turn off and remove key, thought that didn't seem to be the cure, maybe it was a time thing...but dangerous, car wouldn't start right away, i don't think this is normal, i recreated the situation again and the same thing...takes about 10-15 sec and then starts normal...

Old 03-03-2012, 01:22 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
When you stall and then try to re-start, do you remember to first turn the key full to the left before turning to the full right to re-start?

Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 PM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
i am pretty sure i did that, but maybe just went vertical with it, i will do it again tomorrow and see ...

Old 03-03-2012, 02:38 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kkswow12
i am pretty sure i did that, but maybe just went vertical with it, i will do it again tomorrow and see ...
Hopefully it s user error... I m still learning my car and that has happened to me already. Forgot to re cycle the key all the way off.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:22 PM
mxt_77 is infamous around these parts
Yeah, I stalled once. Didn't realize you had to go all the way off before it would try again. Took me a bit before I figured it out. Pretty embarrassing.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
The first few times I stalled my car I was so embarrassed that I panicked and forgot about the reset. Now whenever I let someone drive my car I warn them about how to restart if they happen to stall.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:15 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
The first few times I stalled my car I was so embarrassed that I panicked and forgot about the reset. Now whenever I let someone drive my car I warn them about how to restart if they happen to stall.
Plus you probably reached for the key on the right side - it's happened to us all.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
I find that I have to pull the key out and reinsert after moving to the off position before I can restart. Tried moving just to the off position and then turn to crank but doesn't work for me.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:47 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
it is a pita - you got to get key out, release clutch, then put key back in, press clutch and only after that it will crank. i always wondered if there is anything in the ECU setup that can be altered to turn off this BS. it was a major PITA at AX if you would stall car after a spin - damn thing just does not want to start back.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
it is a pita - you got to get key out, release clutch, then put key back in, press clutch and only after that it will crank. i always wondered if there is anything in the ECU setup that can be altered to turn off this BS. it was a major PITA at AX if you would stall car after a spin - damn thing just does not want to start back.
I've never had that problem, in my 05, 06, or 07 cars.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I've never had that problem, in my 05, 06, or 07 cars.
nor my 2010, just all the way counter-clockwise first, before restarting.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:15 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Turning key completely off to the left then back to start and all is a go.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Something wrong with your car if that's what it takes to restart.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
As per the others you just turn key to the left and then restart it. Sounds like you went thru this procedure the first time and then just continued to do it. Not keeping clutch fully depressed is what has given me a no start.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
It's happened to me too once. Embarrassing and perhaps in a minor panic I could not get the car started until the key was fullly turned to the left and then right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: no start after stalling at a light