997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I took a BIG step yesterday with my 911...It was very difficult.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 AM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
I took a BIG step yesterday with my 911...It was very difficult.

After many months of struggles, sleepless nights and anxiety I finally took the leap that many have suggested would be healthy for me....

I...I....I...drove my car ....in the rain.......

It was not a hard rain <lets not get crazy>, but enough to coat my car with actual water that did not conclude with me drying and waxing. It was a decision that took a long time and many months of P-car Garage Queens anonymous group meetings. I know it's only the first step but I feel like I actually have a chance now at a normal daily driver life with my 911.

She <my 911> responded by drifting her hips out so nicely that I could of swore I heard her giggling uncontrollaby. Ok maybe that was me.

When I got home I was very emotional, my wife stopped me and said "Honey? Are you crying?"

"No dear, those are just rain drops....." /sniff

Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 AM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
Let the car and yourself enjoy all of the elements!

(my 997TT is drove every day, rain, snow, and sun. It it performed marvelously....and doesn't melt. )

Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Your C4S should be MORE fun in the rain, because you can do things that almost every other car/driver could/should not even attempt.

I'm an advocate of daily driving cars that we enjoy the most.

Excellent story! Congrats on your new experience!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 AM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Now you can take a road trip to Seattle and visit the original Starbucks and the Space Needle.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Are you kidding, why would you do something silly like drive your car in the rain! Do you know how bad that it for your car!

Kidding, get over it, that is how I wash my car!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of

Want to have the most fun in your life, take the car out when it's raining, find a private parking lot/empty street and turn your traction control off.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
What is this thing you speak of called 'rain'. I am not familiar with such unseamly environmental effects where I live. I wish you much success with your 'rain'.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
InTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud ofInTheAir has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by daberlin
What is this thing you speak of called 'rain'. I am not familiar with such unseamly environmental effects where I live. I wish you much success with your 'rain'.
It's like a mudslide, but without the dirt.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Rain is fun..especially in DE's with the windows open...

well done katera...

Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBENZF1

Want to have the most fun in your life, take the car out when it's raining, find a private parking lot/empty street and turn your traction control off.
Or better yet, take it to a road course... Try going 120-140-160mph+ in the rain... THAT is fun (for the driver, for the passenger - not so much).
Originally Posted by InTheAir
It's like a mudslide, but without the dirt.

Originally Posted by buckwheat986
Rain is fun..especially in DE's with the windows open...

well done katera...
+1. Except when it's pouring/standing water - then windows go up.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
It is a slippery slope. Soon you might even consider snow... SNOW! The horror!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:42 AM
FCassidy is infamous around these parts
I use my car daily and that means in the rain too. Nothing wrong with that as a matter of fact is a free carwash like NORTHVAN said lol

Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
No need to be afraid of a little rain unless they make you drive with the windows down.

Plus, now you have an excuse to wash and wax your car!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
haha nice...driving our 911 back from arizona purchase, going north of san francisco towards oregon on 101 in the rain was probably the most fun I can remember having in a very long time. First time solo landing an airplane probably trumps it, but that was in the 1990s

Old 03-08-2012, 11:38 AM
porschesurgeon is infamous around these parts
Thanks for your posting. I can appreciate where you are coming from.... It took me a while (and some Xanax - just kidding!) since I began to venture out in the rain. However, I found this item at Costco "CR SPOTLESS De-Ionizing Spotless Water System" and it changed my daily driving habits. Basically, you can wash the car, rinse and let it air dry. Even with a black car there is minimal spotting and you have to be very close to notice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I took a BIG step yesterday with my 911...It was very difficult.