997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fuel pump problem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:08 AM
stronbl has a spectacular aura aboutstronbl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stockid
I got my car back. Yippppieeeee! So, they put in a new ecu and I have new Pdk software. So, what was the problem? It was the tech machine. It was skipping over code and could not update the ecu properly. So, during the process it fried the ecu. So, the tech from Porsche main office came in saw the problem in fifteen minutes. Now the bad news my flash is gone. Damn, what a difference the flash made in feel, power, acceleration. But, if I get it reflashed which the boys at Sharkwerks said they would do...my warranty would be in jeopardy. Before the shop told me know problem flash it. Now, that they had to replace some parts they stated if I reflashed I'd be on my own. God, what a predicament. Good news is my car is back after two weeks and I added a new mod...I got the Rennline front grill. Wil post pics of that tommorrow.
Thanks for keeping the thread updated. Sorry to hear about the risk if you get it reflashed, but glad you got your car back and its running well. Seems like the original problem was not the flash but the dealer equipment ...

Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
Correct it was the dealer's equipment so in a way I did them a favor and they should pay me in like free oil change dollars or something. Looking into seeing if other dealers don't mind the flash....I miss the feel and power.....oh and I got tubi exhaust now....hehehe