997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installed iPE Innotech Valvetronic (Muffler Only)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:48 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
As a clarification that PM conversation is going on now.
So far their aren't any videos of the iPE muffler with a stock header and 200 cell cats. The option for using a de-cat in Colorado is to re-install the cats before each inspection. That's costly and I won't drive without catalytic converters and circumvent the state's air quality laws. Just not ever going to do that.

I suggest that iPE markets it as system specially designed to harness loudness and capture the sound of a de-catted 911 and that it is only recommended for de-catted exhaust systems. At least until they can show us what it will sound on a 200 cell cat...

Matt's terrific and he is answering questions as if he sold me the system. To be straight up on my side, I bought them used and not from Matt, but Matt is still helping by explaining what's going on. He's a great guy and I would recommend him to do business with. I believe what Matt is saying completely, the sound is controlled by the muffler, so the issue is the amount of noise behind the muffler. Its like an 8 year old trying to play the tuba.

I missed the importance of the de-cat with this muffler. It does have a very nice note, but it is designed to tone down the loudness of a de-cat, so with a 600 cell cat, its really quiet. I wish I could hear it with a 200 cell, it might be the perfect balance, a sweet note and not too loud to drive around town and still meet the air quality requirements of my beautiful state.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Well.....that sucks. I was going to try to get together and hear your hacks to see if I wanted to do it. Now you've gone and changed again. I did it on my last P so I guess I'll set up a time with Bud and have it done.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:58 AM
TraderJoe is infamous around these parts
Guys, I've now heard these in person. They are unreal. The key is the catless pipes with the mufflers as noted. It sounds just like their videos. I have to thank gu9cci for taking me for a spin.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:55 AM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Going catless is not an option for me in my state and I am not going to take off and put on cats once a year either. My car came with PSE so I might as well go with the sharkwerks center exhaust mod and 200 cell cats.

If IPE has a system with cats and sounds close to the ones posted in their vids I think a lot more of us would be buying them.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hakaida
Going catless is not an option for me in my state and I am not going to take off and put on cats once a year either. My car came with PSE so I might as well go with the sharkwerks center exhaust mod and 200 cell cats.

If IPE has a system with cats and sounds close to the ones posted in their vids I think a lot more of us would be buying them.
Let us know if you do go with it (we'll ship for free etc... for 6speeders). Those GTS' or cars with PSE do sound pretty neat with it:

Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sharkster
Let us know if you do go with it (we'll ship for free etc... for 6speeders). Those GTS' or cars with PSE do sound pretty neat with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiKOx...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2R9d...layer_embedded
The center delete makes more sense for me. My car came with PSE and using the PSE button is just so much more convinient. I might as well use it instead of having to activate it with a keyfob with other systems. But I would still like to hear what a IPE system with 200 cats sounds like before making a final decision.