997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tips for Tubi exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 03:22 PM
FatArse is infamous around these partsFatArse is infamous around these parts
Tips for Tubi exhaust

Are there any benefits to ceramic coating exhaust tips vs black chrome?

Last edited by FatArse; 03-17-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: different question
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
No benefits...just looks. All depends what you want. I have black ceramic coated tips on my car...didn't like the stock look.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen what was called black chrome and it was a powder coated product. If you are comparing that to a ceramic coating the ceramic will be the better product long term.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Alan C.
I've seen what was called black chrome and it was a powder coated product. If you are comparing that to a ceramic coating the ceramic will be the better product long term.
Agreed

Old 03-18-2012, 11:43 AM
FatArse is infamous around these partsFatArse is infamous around these parts
What does better mean? Would powder coating be more likely to peel/chip?

Old 03-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
What does better mean? Would powder coating be more likely to peel/chip?
Yes, although there are some that have had good luck with powder coating. A few members have used high temp grill paint with good results.

If I went to the trouble of removing and cleaning the tips for a new look I would use a ceramic coating. By doing that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to do it again. Properly applied, a ceramic coating should last a long time.