997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Almost done with my carbon fiber interior....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:09 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
thanks! I stop counting. It's a labor of love and a snow ball effect... you start with one little piece and then you need another and so on. The car looks awesome in person...

Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
First, great looking interior. Second, I really didn't need to see this.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Damn...looks good.

I had a C2S with the Full CF Package, which I added a bunch of stuff (Ignition Bezel, Light Switch Bezel, Door Panel Linings, Trim Under Door Pocket Lids). I think I ordered it all from DB, but can't remember if anything came from MA.

For the GTS, I almost went down the route of ordering a ton of CF parts, but decided to test out a different option: CF Wrap.

I covered:
- Light Switch Bezel
- Ignition Switch Bezel
- Trim under door pockets
- Door Panel Linings
- Door Panel End Caps
- Cover on middle console/shifter surround
- Interior Roof Light Cover

Total Cost: $55 (including exact knife) and a few hours of careful installation.

How does it compare to actual CF? It doesn't. I think it look better than the flat black plastic pieces, but doesn't have the depth and sheen that the CF parts deliver.

I've built my Cart on DB and saved it in case I ever decide to splurge and do the car the way I want it: $2400 (including Shipping).

So for now, the wrap is going to remain. I'm the type to do it all instead of a piece at a time.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:25 PM
two3too is infamous around these parts
awesome interior! looks great

Old 12-01-2012, 08:44 PM
roelricardo is infamous around these parts
Very nice, I went on the web site and is amazing all the parts they have but is scary how much you can spend on cf interior, I prefer not to start with something, I think is an addiction!!!

Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM
mb230s is infamous around these parts
Selling any of the stuff removed?

I kinda want to remove my OEM CF handbrake and shift **** (which is delaminating) and replace with black leather. I also have the full/illuminated OEM CF door sills but will probably leave those as-is.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Glassman is infamous around these parts
My 2012 GTS came with full black leather interior with deviating red stitching and CF dash (cupholdet) trim, shift lever and handbrake lever. I added CF center console, glove box latch, small trapezoidal door trim pieces, door finishers and door end plates. The dealer installed CF air vents with leather slats. I also installed the lower dash trim in CF and a custom MF steering wheel in CF and perforated black leather with red stitching, heated. Then I went to town with additional black leather/red stitching trim and selected parts painted exterior color (Guards Red). Now it's a work of art!