997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How can I tell if my Porsche is CPO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 PM
borderless is infamous around these parts
How can I tell if my Porsche is CPO?

Hi all - finally got delivery of my 2011 GTS Cab.

It came with two "Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles" folders. One labeled Customer Information and the other Inspection Checklist.

I was pretty certain the car was NOT CPO but then I received these with the car. Inside the inspection checklist folder is a 2 page checklist that was completed and signed.

The Customer Information folder has owner cards and the CPO Owners manual but the "Statement of Certification" is not filled out nor signed. I guess it's safe to assume it's not CPO, correct? Why would they include this? Is it marketing to get me to buy the CPO?

The car has 9500 miles and over 4 years left of original warranty so probably wouldn't buy the CPO if it didn't have it already. But would be good to know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46698208@N07/7004916381/http://www.flickr.com/photos/46698208@N07/7004916381/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/46698208@N07/, on Flickr

Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
ask porsche

Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
It's still under warranty. There's no need to CPO it, although the dealership may have. Ask your Porsche dealership. They can run the VIN.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Mark Harris is infamous around these parts
As others have stated, just call the dealer and have them run your VIN and they can tell you.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by borderless
Hi all - finally got delivery of my 2011 GTS Cab.

It came with two "Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles" folders. One labeled Customer Information and the other Inspection Checklist.

I was pretty certain the car was NOT CPO but then I received these with the car. Inside the inspection checklist folder is a 2 page checklist that was completed and signed.

The Customer Information folder has owner cards and the CPO Owners manual but the "Statement of Certification" is not filled out nor signed. I guess it's safe to assume it's not CPO, correct? Why would they include this? Is it marketing to get me to buy the CPO?

The car has 9500 miles and over 4 years left of original warranty so probably wouldn't buy the CPO if it didn't have it already. But would be good to know.

photo by adamr.home, on Flickr
If it's CPO the Porsche database will have that info attached to your VIN.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
You will also receive some stuff in the mail from Porsche about the CPO program after your purchase if it is CPOed.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by denversteve
It's still under warranty. There's no need to CPO it, although the dealership may have. Ask your Porsche dealership. They can run the VIN.
Dealers often put a CPO on cars still under factory warranty, thus extending the factory warranty by another 2 years/24k miles. My current car was CPO'd before the factory warranty expired, but it was a major selling feature that attracted me to the car.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Dealers often put a CPO on cars still under factory warranty, thus extending the factory warranty by another 2 years/24k miles. My current car was CPO'd before the factory warranty expired, but it was a major selling feature that attracted me to the car.
Actually extends it out to 100,000 miles

Here’s how the warranty works: If
the qualifying Porsche Approved
vehicle is purchased
while still
under
the New-Vehicle Limited
Warranty, the coverage is up
to 6 years, or a cumulative
100,000 miles, from the original
in-service date (whichever occurs

first).

Old 03-22-2012, 11:30 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Actually extends it out to 100,000 miles

Here’s how the warranty works: If
the qualifying Porsche Approved
vehicle is purchased
while still
under
the New-Vehicle Limited
Warranty, the coverage is up
to 6 years, or a cumulative
100,000 miles, from the original
in-service date (whichever occurs

first).
You're absolutely correct. I had forgotten that it is good to 100k.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
You're absolutely correct. I had forgotten that it is good to 100k.
It is some comfort...but I'm likely to hit under 40,000 miles at the end of 6 years - I'm at 27,000 now.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It is some comfort...but I'm likely to hit under 40,000 miles at the end of 6 years - I'm at 27,000 now.
My CPO expired 2 weeks ago with 34.5k. I purchased another 4 years through Fidelity. Be aware that premiums increase with mileage. Luckily I avoided an increase that would have kicked in at 35k.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
You can call Porsche North America and they will give you all the details on when your CPO expires to the date. I did it a few months ago.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 AM
blazinginder is infamous around these parts
Or you could also check for a CPO sticker on the bottom of your drivers side door. The dealer who I bought the car from did that as part of the whole CPO process

Old 03-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by blazinginder
Or you could also check for a CPO sticker on the bottom of your drivers side door. The dealer who I bought the car from did that as part of the whole CPO process
Some do, some don't. Best way is to have dealer check VIN in the computer.