997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rattle from protective trim near door jamb?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Rattle from protective trim near door jamb?

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that the plastic "Protective Trim" near the door jamb and front fender (e.g. wing) is loose on their cars?

With the doors open, you can see these black vertical plastic trim pieces attached to the fenders near the door hinges on both the driver's and passenger's sides. Each part is attached with three plastic compression rivets. (See part 14 in this diagram: http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...-08/801-40.php)

I am able to jiggle this part with my fingers. The rivets aren't snug, and I suspect these loose trim pieces are the cause of a rattling noise in my car.

Does anyone have the same "looseness" to these parts, or is it just my car?
Any suggestion on how to remedy?