997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Has anyone come up with Headers+cat bypass+muffler bypass ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:44 AM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Has anyone come up with Headers+cat bypass+muffler bypass ??

I did search and didn't really find people has this full combination.
Most likely do cat bypass but leave muffler on or do the muffler bypass and leave cat on.

I just wonder it will be raspy or super drone losing too much back pressure?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
headers dont really make a difference to the sound. its just obnoxiously loud and doesn't sound good. it drones at all RPMs and sounds ridiculously raspy. It would be the most powerful and lightest set-up, but its just not worth it unless its a cup car. some people think that they're losing 'back-pressure' or low-end torque but the reality is the set-up is so loud that it sounds like the car should be going a lot faster than it is. kind of like hear a civic with an exhaust merging into traffic..

Old 03-30-2012, 03:38 AM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Would you get muffler by pass or cat by pass ?

Old 03-30-2012, 05:04 AM
911 Molar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by split
headers dont really make a difference to the sound. its just obnoxiously loud and doesn't sound good. it drones at all RPMs and sounds ridiculously raspy. It would be the most powerful and lightest set-up, but its just not worth it unless its a cup car. some people think that they're losing 'back-pressure' or low-end torque but the reality is the set-up is so loud that it sounds like the car should be going a lot faster than it is. kind of like hear a civic with an exhaust merging into traffic..
How wrong you are my fellow porsche owner. Headers if anything contribute quite significantly to the sound of the p car. It sounds amazing, there is no drone, its a very exotic italian, shall I say ferrari like sound.
Oh, by the way did I mention I have a similar set up...
Ciao

Old 03-30-2012, 06:18 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911 Molar
How wrong you are my fellow porsche owner. Headers if anything contribute quite significantly to the sound of the p car. It sounds amazing, there is no drone, its a very exotic italian, shall I say ferrari like sound.
Ciao
Is it a track car or do you only drive it in the Outback ? Must be a little on the loud side for in town driving.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 AM
seb986 is infamous around these parts
Here is my tutorial with modified exhaust

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nvertible.html

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmutl5_porsche-997s-cab-stage-1_auto

Last edited by seb986; 04-02-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Ciao
Do you have vdo or and sound clip ?

I bought a 997.1 that come with header + cat bypass but stock (side) muffler.

I love the sound now but for me it could be louder but I hate the raspy.

What is it right now is kinda ok not raspy or drone at all. I'm worry if i add muffler bypass will change everything.

What is your opinion ?

Old 03-30-2012, 03:03 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Ciao
i'm a young guy that likes loud cars, but when i had fabspeed muffler bypass pipes on it, it just sounded like a rusted out muffler. ended up doing a gundo hack instead. if i was going to bypass anything it would be the cats, but even then i'd rather do a 200 cell xpipe.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:31 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Cat + muffler bypass will sound very loud and usually only used on race cars on tracks that have no sound limitations. It is very loud. To find out how much - simply unbolt you cats and find out. Whole street where you live will hate you for sure.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Well.. I purchased this car from dealer and it does come with header(i dont know what brand) and cat bypass pipe(dont know what brand either) but when i bought the car they also gave me stock header and cat. So i know there gotta be there no doubt.
And with that set up with stock muffler is not loud to me at all. I think its even more quite than my CaymanS with full remus system. But my thought is "if i put muffler bypass then it will be just a complete striaght pipe set up. Am i wrong ?

Old 04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
seb986 is infamous around these parts
The link with the changes of the exhaust and the intake, one after the other..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xotmj7_porsche-997s-cab-stage-2_auto

Last edited by seb986; 04-02-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by tunedbygoody
Well.. I purchased this car from dealer and it does come with header(i dont know what brand) and cat bypass pipe(dont know what brand either) but when i bought the car they also gave me stock header and cat. So i know there gotta be there no doubt.
And with that set up with stock muffler is not loud to me at all. I think its even more quite than my CaymanS with full remus system. But my thought is "if i put muffler bypass then it will be just a complete striaght pipe set up. Am i wrong ?
the stock header doesn't have a cat in it anyway, so it doesnt really make a difference. you're already getting the best performance out of your exhaust anyway.. the only benefit you'd get from a muffler bypass would be making the rear end of your car a bit lighter. I had a muffler bypass and i personally thought it sounded terrible. You need to at least have some sort of muffler or resonator in there to cut out the broken muffler / raspy sound. i'd at least do a gundo hack or get some generic obx mufflers off ebay. better yet, speedtech has mufflers for sale for $695...

Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
CAT bypass looses you low-down torque and a ton of it.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by split
the stock header doesn't have a cat in it anyway, so it doesnt really make a difference. you're already getting the best performance out of your exhaust anyway.. the only benefit you'd get from a muffler bypass would be making the rear end of your car a bit lighter. I had a muffler bypass and i personally thought it sounded terrible. You need to at least have some sort of muffler or resonator in there to cut out the broken muffler / raspy sound. i'd at least do a gundo hack or get some generic obx mufflers off ebay. better yet, speedtech has mufflers for sale for $695...
I'm more like trying to lose weight and get it loud(i'm young and non maturity) but after I hear you... I might just get some good muffler. Cus I won't stand raspy.

What is the loudest muffler they offer on market ?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
^ try the OBX. Usually cheap mufflers are louder because they lack packing material etc. Otherwise, i'd strongly advise taking advantage of that speedtech sale for only $695. Either way post videos of before and after!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone come up with Headers+cat bypass+muffler bypass ??